Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar S4 vs. S3

Thank you to Brian and LOR for listening and responding to concerns about Superstar.

In the release note for S4 Version 4.0.0 it says;
"The export of macro channels for Cosmic Color Devices now defaults to "disabled." Added "Export Macro Channels" to configuration dialog box. The macro channels get exported for Cosmic Color Devices only if "Export Macro Channels" is selected or if there are Pixel Resolution macro commands in the sequence. This helps those that are going to convert the exported sequence to DMX"

In playing with the S4 version of Superstar, the turning off of Macro Channels by default is much appreciated in the world of CCP's. Many Thanks for this.

In the release note for S4 Version 4.0.0 it says;
"Added support for "manual clip" in smooth effects, images, and text. Before, smooth effects did not clip at all. Text and images did "auto clip" where they clipped to the current matrix"

This also is a very welcomed change. I now use smooth effects without the hassle of making them small enough to not bleed over to other props. Being able to clip (define area for effect) is a nice addition, again many Thanks for this.

In the interest of "squeaky wheel gets the grease" are these features going to be added to the S3 version of Superstar anytime soon?

TIA

Alan...

Edited by default

Using the "manual clip", is there a way to select the area at the beginning of the sequence, and it stay put unless you change it?

It automatically defaults to auto. I think the reason to add this is so we can designate where we want images to appear. It may do this already, but every time I select my area under "Manual Clip". as soon as I'm done with that effect, it reverts back to "Auto". I then have to open up the Windows Magnifier to select the area again.

For those of us who use SS for sequencing, It would be nice if you could select manual at the beginning of a sequence, and select the area, and it stay put throughout the entire song. If there are no images in a sequence, it doesn't matter anyway.

If it's a simple fix, it would be a wonderful addition.

Just to confirm, I just tried adding some smooth effects, images, and text. It looks like dialog boxes for smooth effects and text remember the most recent setting, but the images dialog box does not. Is that what you are experiencing?

If I fix it so the image dialog box remembers the most recent setting will that satisfy what you are looking for?

Wow. Brian you don't mess around do you. I see in the 4.0.6 release notes that you fixed this. I haven't played with it yet, but will be in a few hours. Thanks my friend. That will help clean up some sequences that are already complete.

Brian,  4.0.6 was the first beta that I have played with SSE.  Been concentrating on PE (major learning curve!)  Just tried out the manual clip and that is WONDERFUL!  Thanks for adding that.

Brian,

In the new S4, when i create timing marks, the marks are all about 1 second apart instead of at the beat. What am i doing wrong?

I don't think you are dong anything wrong. The "Create Timings" feature has not changed, it is the same in S3 as S4. It detects the beat for some songs better than others. You could email the audio file to brian@superstarlights.com and I'd be curious to look at it.