Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Lights, 3 strings vs 6 strings, etc?

beardedbil

To all,

I was curious if anyone has heard of or has bought the Holiday Living 100-Count Clear Mini Lights from lowes. They seem to be on sale right now for $1.50. Since I am buying for next year (our first LOR year) I was curious if these are decent sets, it seems for $1.50 thats a great price?

The details of the product are:

For indoor and outdoor use, Green wire, 24"lead wire, 23-1/2' with lights, 25-3/4' cord total, 3" between lights, Plug at both ends, Extra bulbs and safety fuse included.

Any info would be great. Also i see most wallmart, target, cvs, home depot lights say you can only string 3 sets together and range in price from $1-$5/per set, and some sets i see online say you can string 6 sets together, and range from $9-$15. Are there any real differences besides the amount of lights you can string together on these sets? Quality wise are they similar except for what they can handle in fuses? Just trying to get a bearing if im purchasing less quality lights or not. Thanks in advance!

Bill

It seems like every year they change the way the make the lights so it is difficult to say from year to year what their expected life will be. At that price it will probably be hard to go wrong.

Usually the (string 6 sets) are better than the (String 3 sets).

I pretty much use nothing but Lowe's brand lights and have for years. I recommend them and use them on my client home's as well.

beardedbil wrote:

Good to know, thanks!!

I actually picked up some walmart lights also, i couldn't resist, same details as lowes and only $1 for 100ct mini's.

I bought some walmart lights this year, the seemed to be bright.