Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights flickering

Linda Hadden

This was the 1st night running our display. We have 2 x CTB16PC controllers.

We have three swag lights wired together that are on one chanel. During a sequence that does not include this chanel the middle swag sometimes flickers.

I re checked the sequence and animation and the chanel is clear. Why would just the middle one flicker but not the end two when they are all connected?

Also have two other chanels do the same in the same sequence. It isnt a big problem as perhap only I notice it as I know what should and should not be on . But I would like to know what is causing this.

Using 1.5 version with XP. Checked all the channels sometime ago in the Hardware utility and they worked fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Linda

Being a complete dingbat with regards to upgrades etc I feel in my comfort zone with ver 1.5 and do not want to upgrade until after the season.

Further inspection of lights showed all swags flicker not just the mid one ,+ lights on 2 other channels.

I can only see this happening during the first seq in show. Only noticed this because the seq only uses clear lights and the flickering channels have coloured ones. These channels are all in box 2.

Would the upgrade fix the flickering?

Could it be something to do with the Communication cable from PC to Box 1 or cable from Box 1 to box 2?

Do I sound like a real idiot? smile.gif ( no need to answer this one)

Thanks

Linda

Hi,

If the flickering is only happening on one of the sequences then most likely it is not a communications problem.

Are there any other circuits on (that are not normally on) when the lights are flickering?

Is the flickering during a fade on/off or are the lights supposed to be on at 100%?

Thanks
Dan

I am using 1.5 on my show machine and was seeing some issues with lights coming on at times they weren't supposed to.

What I discovered was that I had adjusted/inserted/deleted timing events in the sequence where there were already fades on adjacent channels. For example: on controller 4, channel 11 is blue and channel 12 is green. The sequence had a fade of the green and the blue would come on. The blue would not turn off until the next time blue was told to fade or come on To see these fades I would bring up the sequence, show the fades as ramps and zoom to make it so the timing events visually, were very large. I adjusted the truncated fades and the problem is gone.

Might not be a problem with the later versions and it could be because I am using a higher maintenance level on my sequencing machine than is running on my show machine. Either way, it fixed my problem.

Tom B (The other one)

Dan

There are no other circuits on (that are not normally on) when the lights are flickering?

The lights that flicker are on channels that are supposed to be off for the full sequence.

These 'off ' channels do a quick flicker when sequenced channels start to fade on.

Linda