Light-O-Rama Forums

Downloading Firmware

Robert Opper

Sorry if this post ends up being long. But I am at wits end! At first I thought I had a comm problem (ok, maybe I do :) ). But finally realized none of the boards will respond. I'm using 12 CTB-16D with heatsinks (the blue boards). I've tried resetting many times with no availe. Checked and rechecked all cables. Even removed a board and sat it next to me at my computer. I power down, set the ID to 00, power up and get a fast blinking LED (approx. 4x a sec.), power down reset ID (have also tried many higher ID #'s) to 01, power up and continue to get the slower blinking LED (approx 2x a sec- update firmware). I've gone trough the firmware update process for a board at a time, but is not found or "grabbed" to update. I checked all comm ports and do not see the triac Boards anywhere. I am starting to think that the comm chips are bad or not working properly. (but find it hard to believe all 12 are bad). I must be doing something wrong (I hope) and gotta believe it's an easy fix. My display is all set up but there is no "dancing" at night.

ANY help, suggestions, questions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Bob

fire_paramedic wrote:

Right, i was wondering if the website was giving you the error or was it th hw util?

well i have been emailing back and forth today with dan and he said that it most likley isnt the hardware util or the firmware and that he is going to work on it

I know that I saw this in an email or a phone call. This is a communications problem. I do not know what the current state of this problem is. Please let us know.

Our Email is messed up so I cannot check.

Hi Dan

Yes it was a communication problem. I needed the serial to RJ45 adapter. The HU sees all 12 controllers.

My next problem is I can test all the circuits in HW. But when I build a show and schedule only the music plays , no lights. I've tried finding solutions here and yes I even read the directions. lol I had also downloaded the easy show builder, or is it simple show builder? Your site and my directory call it two different names. But doesn't seem to help.

Any suggestions?

Also thanks for your help on the phone the other day!! Much appreciated!!

Bob

Robert Opper wrote:

Hi Dan

Yes it was a communication problem. I needed the serial to RJ45 adapter. The HU sees all 12 controllers.

My next problem is I can test all the circuits in HW. But when I build a show and schedule only the music plays , no lights. I've tried finding solutions here and yes I even read the directions. lol I had also downloaded the easy show builder, or is it simple show builder? Your site and my directory call it two different names. But doesn't seem to help.

Any suggestions?

Also thanks for your help on the phone the other day!! Much appreciated!!

Bob

Did you set the channel configurations to LOR in the sequence editor

Thanks Ricky

That was it! I'm new to this software and Lightorama. And still need to learn. Thanks for your help. Everything works great!!!

Bob

Robert Opper wrote:

Thanks Ricky

That was it! I'm new to this software and Lightorama. And still need to learn. Thanks for your help. Everything works great!!!

Bob

Your Very Welcome Rob - I made the Same Mistake 2 yrs ago

Hope Everything looks good

Ricky