Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing props

Ballmiester

I'm thinking of adding a singing prop such as a tree or face for next year it will be my second year any thoughts are they worth it and best place to get one or build it also would 1 be enough or do you recommend more than 1

I built my own out of pegboard and i started with one just to get the feel of it. now i run four. All pegboard because of the cost.

my plan is to use wire fencing from tractor supply 5foot by 12 foot sections and led rope light

correction I think they are 50 inches by 12feet

Go to mrtoomanychristmasdecorationsguy.com he sales coro faces that are pretty cool and he has halloween sequences for sale from 1 face 16 channel to 32 channel 4 faces

As you can see, there are many ways you can do this, including your idea with the fence, It all depends on your wife ( if your married ) and how much you can spend on this at a time, lol

If you plan on doing the sequencing yourself i still say try one for now and go from there, I started with one for a Halloween show ( with help from members here and papagayo ) I now do 4 for my Halloween shows.

I havent done faces for my Christmas shows yet, im still stuck on spiral trees. Did my first this past year and have 3 planed for this year. 2 16ft and 1 25ft. should be interesting. lol. However i am doing one 8x8 ( big ) face for my 4th of july show. Doing a rock band concert theme with a version of a mega-tron screen on the lead singer, Hope everyone likes it, been planning this one for over a year now. Lastly and the best advice that i was given when i started all of this, is take your time, start small and read,read,read. It really is a lot of fun if you dont overwhelm yourself.     

• 5 weeks later...

My first year using and making faces to. I am planning on 4 faves for Halloween and also 4 for Christmas.

I plan on this from home depot.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-48-in-x-96-in-x-157-in-White-Corrugated-Plastic-Cardboard-10-PACK-WC4896-10/202489118?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal1_rr-_-205351385-_-202489118-_-N

I can always use the extra to make cut outs or remake the face I mess up....  Cant really beat the price 10 full size sheets for just over $100.00. Free shipping to the store and I can pick it up myself plus check for damages while there.

Haven't decided yet on 48" X 48" faces or maybe full size 4* X 96 inch which I could maybe do complete body outlines to.. 

My first show last year I did a megs spiral tree and want to add faces this year.

this is the link to may u tube shows for Halloween and Christmas both last year and it was my first year.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rQS92LcPWUXsSF1WR3hkw

I live on top of a hill the very top I do have a problem with wind. that is why I plan on the wire rather than cora. lets the wind pass through.

• 1 month later...

I to live on the side of a mountain... it is noting strange for me to be getting 50/60 mph gusts here in S California in the Mojave Desert..

I am planning on Coro Faces but I will be putting them down at ground level and part of my lower display. I do not even think of going higher then the top of my mega tree which is about 16 ft including the star on top..

10 full size coro sheets at Home Depot is just 110 bucks so that isnt  bad price.. gives me plenty to make Christmas faces as well as Halloween faces and some left over..

I think it will be easy to store also as I plan on wood frames around each so the can be put face to face or face to back without the lights getting smashed together.... Hooked together with maybe screen door hooks and just hung up on cup holders on the ceiling or out from a wall.

If you build your faces, purchase coro tress (Holiday Coro)  or purchase Wire Frame (Dlite's are great) or build your own, if you use the customary face channel numbers (8) , best bet is to purchase the tree programs from Holidaysequences.  At $15 each they are well worth the investment, cheaper than your own time and are spot on. I have done my own over the years but now just buy these since they are a real time saver.

I use the green plastic garden fence and stretch it on a wooden frame.  Not only good for faces, but have mounted my spinning candy canes to it also.

I live on top of a hill the very top I do have a problem with wind. that is why I plan on the wire rather than cora. lets the wind pass through.

I have major wind issues and the WireFrames from Doug worked out great!!