Light-O-Rama Forums

Blank Visualizer

Judy

Just downloaded 3.11.2 advanced

When opening visualizer - I get a blank screen with only File, Edit and Help on top???

Any ideas on why?  Thanks

Maybe I'm confused.  What are you expecting?  I don't have it in front of me, but that's about what you get until you open or create a visualization.

Did you get the toolbar shaded out as well or is there nothing on the else on the screen other than the commands above? You will need to load an existing .lee file to get it up and running or click on 'file' and then 'new' to stat the program.

Thanks guys.  Found it.  Dahhh

Watched a couple of tutorials and still find it confusing.  Love their props though.  I guess I 'll be here till Xmas

Got it, printed it, read it and tried it.

In sequence editor (as per instructions) and going to play menu - I cannot find "Control Visualizer " 

Followed all the other steps. 

Will this work if I am in the demo mode???  Tried to upgrade but LOR says no need to

Thanks again

After you upgraded to 3.11.2 and registered it, did you close out of the program and then restart it to get out of the demo mode?  Can't help you with the Visualizer because I don't use it.

Got it, printed it, read it and tried it.

In sequence editor (as per instructions) and going to play menu - I cannot find "Control Visualizer " 

Followed all the other steps. 

Will this work if I am in the demo mode???  Tried to upgrade but LOR says no need to

Thanks again

Judy,

Open the visualizer program up. Click the blue arrow under the new icon. Screen will look like it went blank, but it went to ready mode. Open a sequence in sequence editor. Split your screen where you can see both programs. Hit play and wha-laa (assuming you labeled all the channels the same way in both programs).

Good luck,

Daniel 

hey Jude ( :lol:  couldn't help it)

Have you linked your visualizer with sequence editor yet? The help files cover this one time step. you will not be able to use the simulation mode with out doing this step.  

help>search>type "my first visualization"

Judy, I think you just called our help desk and asked for additional help.  I have your ticket in my queue now.  I'm not sure why you called the help desk system worthless, as I don't see where you have ever opened another ticket.  

If I call you the best I can tell you is to follow the tutorial as it exists in the help documentation.  It is not a hard process and walks you through step by step telling you exactly what you need to do.  You need to have those base concepts down.  In fact there are sample files that WILL work if you have properly followed the steps.  If you have a question about any particular step in there I can help.

You also need to have a REGISTERED version of our software.  The DEMO version will NOT control lights OR the visualizer.

I won't be able to call you until Monday at the earliest and perhaps later.  Please take the time this weekend to run though that tutorial.