Light-O-Rama Forums

Fm transmitter help

thunsicker

I just received my fm transmitter, I bought the range star FS CZH-05B from Amazon, can anyone tell me what other adapters/splitters I need to use this with a desktop and outdoor speakers and where I can buy these additional parts? Thanks in advance

I bought a backup czh o5b that came without a power source and cord to hook up to computer. Is this what happened to you? If so mine uses a 12v 1.6 amp powersource and audio wire is the same jack as your headphones.

I got mine a couple of years ago and they each came with a 2 amp power source.

Mine too, & I thought I had a part to run it in the car as well.  I ordered my czh o5b directly from a source in China 3 years ago.

Mine came with  an antenna and the power cord  not sure how I get it from computer to RCA jacks? or how to split off computer to have speakers outside?

You need to buy a splitter... relatively cheap.  Run from the headphones out jack on your computer to the splitter.  One goes to the transmitter and the other goes to your speakers (or amp).  You can pick up the splitters just about anywhere RCA cables are sold.

• Like 1

I use an EDM then in the garage, FM receiver with outdoor rock speakers. Same FM goes to the cars so life is easy

I like that idea I have a stereo right next to the garage door I can just run outdoor speakers out the garage door and tune in!!!  thanks                     UPS just delivered my first controller today!?!?!

My four yard speakers are permanently installed outdoor speakers with wiring in conduit into the master bedroom closet where there are a pair of 75 watt per channel stereo amplifiers. The AC power for those amps is fed from a relay controlled by a channel on a LOR AC controller. The audio from the show computer goes into a mixer which then feeds the amps and as separate outputs to the FM transmitter.

The audio feed to the amps is through 110 feet of cable and the feed to the FM is almost 200 feet of cable. In both cases I am running a real balanced output from the mixer and have isolation transformers to feed the unbalanced inputs to the amps and the FM. All the cable is shielded twisted pair so there are two cables to each (left and right).

I am an audio person. I am going to get my transmitter soon. My plan is, to connect a small USB mixer to a larger one, and have a condenser mic for emergencies and stuff and an Android tablet running a preshow playlist on a timer (There must be an app to do that somewhere). I will connect the transmitter to an Aux send so I can adjust the volume independently from the volume of the outdoor speakers, but have the ability to change both when I turn the volume up on an individual channel. I will have an old stereo receiver, and a PA amp for the outdoor speakers.

I'm not sure which speakers I am getting. Maybe some normal outdoor speakers and a pair of old horn speakers.

E.L.F., I am also a sound man (not my full time profession, but I've done it in some combination of paid and volunteer for decades). I'm on the road right now, but when I get home I can send you info on the speakers I'm using along with my sound mixer setup.

This is close.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tic-omnispeaker-3-way-125-w-outdoor-speaker-shrub-green/1310115972.p?id=mp1310115972&skuId=1310115972

The ones I bought were 75 watt rather than 125 watt rating.  I have four of these speakers.  Each is driven by one output from a 75 watt per channel stereo amplifier (two amps).  They are buried so that there is about four to five inches above the dirt.  You may have seen this speaker design used at Disneyland.

As for the sound system design, the output of the show computer is routed through 600 to 600 ohm isolation transformers to a stereo input channel pair of a Mackie 802-VLZ3 mixer.  This particular eight channel mixer has two single channel inputs, and three two channel (stereo) inputs.  Besides the output from the show computer, I also have a stereo input from a second mixer for my family room computer, and the output from my Sennheiser wireless mic.  There are two sets of outputs on the main output.  One set is a really truly balanced output and goes through almost 200 feet of shielded balanced cable to the FM transmitter in the front yard (in conduit all the way).  At the transmitter, each output goes through an isolation transformer and is fed to one channel of the unbalanced input of the FM transmitter.  The second output from the mixer on the main output goes through about eight inches of cable and is plugged into the input 7 & 8 stereo pair.  That is then routed in the mixer to the alternate outputs (also known as outputs 3 & 4).  The Alt outputs are an unbalanced output so the are run into isolation transformers and through 110 feet of shielded balanced cables to another set of isolation transformers.  Each of the outputs of these transformers is connected to both inputs to one of the amplifiers.  In other word, one amplifier has the "left" channel on both inputs and the other amplifier has the "right" channel on both inputs.  That gives me two speakers on the "left" channel and two speakers on the "right" channel.  In the yard, as viewed from the street, the speakers are arranged left, right, left, right.  The intent is not to give good stereo separation, but rather that you will be able to hear both sides wherever a person is standing.

Operationally, the inputs on the mixer (channel 1 for the wireless, channels 3 & 4 for the light show PC, and channels 5 & 6 for the other mixer) along with the main mix level set the levels to the FM transmitter.  The channels 7 & 8 input is used to control the level to the yard speakers.  If I really need to, I there are level set controls on the amplifiers, but those are not normally adjusted.

BTW, there is also an AUX send (mono) that has an adjustable level that is routed to an input of the other mixer in case I need to send the show audio to the other mixer for some reason.

Lastly, the control room amplified speakers (or headphones) come from a separate control room output that can either be the main output, the ALT output, or a "solo" of any channel or channels.

Thats nice. 

When I went to Disney, I was more interested in the speakers than the rides. I really like the Tic speakers (Bose ones are OK). Unfortunately, my front garden is all bricks, so those speakers wouldn't really work. I want some for the back garden though.

I use the Behringer 1002 USB and the 302USB. 

The 302 will have a RCA/Phono to quarter inch cable to connect the show PC. There may be a wired mic on the 302 but it is only for emergencies. The 302 will also feed my headphones, so I can check where a song is and stuff. Also on the 1002USB will be a condenser microphone (I will rarely use it), my Surface Pro running a playlist and on another input an Android tablet doing the same.

The speakers I currently have are from an old TV. They sound OK and as they are columns they can be fit in small spaces, and it doesn't really matter if they break. I have a Pyle Pro amp and an old stereo receiver with four speaker outputs. I was thinking of buying some speakers that I could use for other things as well. 

Possibilities:

http://cpc.farnell.com/adastra/952-943uk/speakers-sound-projector-wsp25/dp/LS04106

http://cpc.farnell.com/adastra/952-066uk/horn-speaker-full-range-frh50/dp/LS04162

http://cpc.farnell.com/eagle/a180d/outdoor-omni-dir-speaker-100v/dp/LS01589

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bass-Face-400w-Marine-Waterproof-3-Way-Box-Speakers-Boat-Patio-Outdoor-Garden-/351344194054?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51cdbef206

http://cpc.farnell.com/adastra/952-237/horn-speaker-8ohm-15w/dp/LS01169

Just got my transmitter yesterday.  I got the CZE 05B.  I decided to test it on the low power to see how it works.  (no instructioons included, but I found on the internet that you hold the power button in while plugging it in to change from low to high power).

I did that and set it to an empty frequency and turned on the stereo.  Nothing but static.  I tried different frequencies.  I tried turning the gain all of the way up and still nothing but static.  I then looked at the face and noticed a picture of a speaker with a line through it!!!  I fooled around with it trying different combinations of buttons until I finally got the speaker to disapear.

Well then I was able to hear the music but there was a tremendous amount of static.  Again I tried different frequencies and I tried adjusting the antenna and still mostly static. 

I then noticed that I had turned the gain all of the way up in the beginning when I was getting no music. 

I turned the gain down to about 1/2 and all of the static went away.  I am now getting a very clear signal (although it apears to be a little bit quieter than the regular stations).  I've tried both the low and high power settings and I think the low is good enough.  It broadcasts well beyond what I need.

A bit of a frustrating afternoon, but in the end all is well.