Light-O-Rama Forums

Media File greyed out

delanetbob

LOR2 ver 2.0.8. My show started playing tonight and 3 sequences did not have audio. I went into sequence editor to see if the audio file had changed. When I click on edit then I see the 'media file' is greyed out. Cannot click on it. I tried saving the file as another name and it has the original name with the lms extension but tries to save it as a las file. When I change it to a lms file and click save it just re-verts back to the original name and won't let me save at all. Help, I have 3 sequences that have been running fine up until now and now no audio all of a sudden. Thanks

delanetbob wrote:

Thank you..... I tried answering you but got blocked by your spam filter.

Interesting. I hadn't heard of that happening before with my email address.

Here is what I changed to get it to work. As you said, it would not save as an lms file and therefore would not let you associate a media file. If you manually renamed it to a .lms, it would still open as a .las file. Since the file is in XML (woohoo!), I edited it to add the musicTitle="filename.mp3". I then renamed it to .lms and opened it up. It was happy again.

dslowik wrote:

Interesting. I hadn't heard of that happening before with my email address.

Here is what I changed to get it to work. As you said, it would not save as an lms file and therefore would not let you associate a media file. If you manually renamed it to a .lms, it would still open as a .las file. Since the file is in XML (woohoo!), I edited it to add the musicTitle="filename.mp3". I then renamed it to .lms and opened it up. It was happy again.

I just tried doing that. I assume by using notepad and it didn't work. Would that be the program to use to edit it?

I used Microsoft Visual Studio just because I happened to have it up. It did warn me that it detected some lines in the XML only had a carriage return and it was going to add the line feed to it also. That maybe what notepad missed.

My favorite general purpose editor (and it would probably work on this) is definitely Notepad++. It's an open source editor you can get from http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm.