Light-O-Rama Forums

Can i use LOR S3 to sequence RGB Pixel Arches?

Big Sanch Mafia

SS seems very difficult too grasp. I do all mine in S3. Please persuade me too see into the future and learn SS.

It takes a bit to grab the concepts, but once you figure it out, it's pretty easy.  Go through the tutorials and examples in the documentation (don't just read it, actually do the steps), and it should start making sense.

I'll try and send a couple of SS examples for arches tonight

awesome, thanks so much

You're quite welcome

Ron,

a few questions...the files you shared, is that from your 2014 show? i wanted to see the real deal.

also related to this sentence

I used the SS keywords in the visualization files to set up the grid. You can go into each .lee file, open up a prop and see how it's done. The keywords are in the "Comments" section

what do you mean by SS keywords? i do i open up the .lee file? 

Do i use viz to create my .lee files and then import into SS? how do i find the comments section/

Thanks so much Chad

The sequence and viz files are the sequence for this year. I can drop in the sequence from last year, but I no longer have that visualization. You can see what the 2014 sequence looks like in the videos on my web page or Vimeo page. (links in signature)

If you open up the .lee file, select "Props" to the right, and open up one of the props by double, left click. Under "Name", you will see a section called "Comment"

In that comment section, you should see something like this:

superstar_dmx=1,1_row=1_column=1

or           

superstar_row=1_column=1

**Note** the underscore marks are only to show where a space is but, the underscore mark is not added in the comments. It will look like this:

superstar dmx=1,1 row=1 column=1

or           

superstar row=1 column=1

The first comment means this:

superstar; (This visualization is used in Superstar)

dmx1,1;     (DMX Universe 1, Channel 1)

row=1; (The top pixel will show at the top row of the green box grid)

column=1; (the string will reside in column # 1)

Sometimes, depending on the element used, SS shows a string of pixels backwards to what they actually are. Here you would add to the comment the word, "reverse". It will look like this:

superstar reverse row=1 column=1

Brian added these keywords I think, in 3.9.0. The DMX keywords may have been in a later release.

I use these because Superstar was originally written for a matrix, whether it be a real matrix or a tree matrix. Most of my elements do not fall into these categories. 

If you have any further questions, please feel free to either post here or send me an email, (PM for that address) I believe you may already have it though. We can also talk on the phone if you'd like.

Later,

Ron

Ron,

Thanks for the breakdown, thats clears up a couple of things for me. Let me digest this and play around a bit. I'll message you if anything else comes up.

Chad