Light-O-Rama Forums

mini director?

kingfish

I plan on picking up a mini director to run show. My question is after it runs the sequences does it restart on its on. Being new I hope to have 12 songs or so which is not since my lights are on for four to five hours. does it have a random select?

thanx in advance

larry

Larry,

Yes to answer your questions. I've used the miniDirector for 3 years and love it. I had about 15 songs last year and it played continuously for 4 hours. You will build a show the same way you would on your computer, except you save it to a SD card.

SD cards are fickle with the miniDirector. Not sure why, but they are. Use the one that comes with it and order an extra card at the same time. Whatever you do, don't waste time with SanDisk - they just don't work.

If you plan to ever add any RGB devices, don't get the miniDirector. Go ahead and bite the bullet now and get the Gen3 Showtime mp3 director.

Good luck,

Daniel

When I used the mini director I put mine on its own power supply which was plugged into a timer. Once the mini director is powered on it will play each sequence that you have scheduled to play.

Larry, I just outgrew my Gen3 mini Director Card with MP3 Player with 4 gb card. If you interested pm me.

Alan...

• 2 weeks later...

Larry when you load the shows to  the SD card their is a check mark to run show continuously make sure it is checked.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw your comment about not using the minidirector with RGB.  Can you explain a little further as to why?  I was hoping to add some CCRs this year and have the minidirector which worked great last year (no RGBs though).

Thanks for any additional info you can provide.

Thanks!

Tom