Light-O-Rama Forums

Can this be done

Guest guest

I want to make an interrupter that if someone comes out to the display and pushes and button it will interrupt the current sequence and run a special sequence.

Example: My show is running and some one comes up and pushes a button to watch the REAL meaning of christmas. The display would go black and the sequence for the story of christmas would run. Then after it completed the show would pick back up where it left off. Will this work??

I really want to make my display more interactive to those who come to see it.

Scot Meyers wrote:

pushes and button it will interrupt the current sequence and run a special sequence.

I had thought of doing something similar but to stop the sequence altogether and re-run the countdown to the beginnning as this will be quite spectacular this year (hopefully)

With the current version, this *might* be possible, though only with animation. (Not available when connected to your computer.

Now, with the new version it might even be possible even if you are running musical sequences.

So that I don't speak out of turn, I'll let Dan do the rest of the talking here.

If not you could always use a relay system and a counter to cut the power to everything when the button is pushed. It will not allow the system to pick back up where you left off but it is one way to do it.

DarrenJeffries wrote:

Scot Meyers wrote:
pushes and button it will interrupt the current sequence and run a special sequence.

I had thought of doing something similar but to stop the sequence altogether and re-run the countdown to the beginnning as this will be quite spectacular this year (hopefully)
This will be very easy to do with LOR II... You should not even need anything at all except the button. Any existing controller (with the exception of a ctb08) can be used to receive the input.

Well thats going to be a cool added ability. With that can you create a panel with several buttons on it so that you can just pick the show you want see? I don't know if I would want something like that for other people to have access too, but might be nice if you outside going over everything you could just go to a specific song so that you can make sure everything looks right.

itsmejrv wrote:

Well thats going to be a cool added ability. With that can you create a panel with several buttons on it so that you can just pick the show you want see? I don't know if I would want something like that for other people to have access too, but might be nice if you outside going over everything you could just go to a specific song so that you can make sure everything looks right.

Yes, something like that. There is a juke box feature in the interactive section of the show. Each button can pick a sequence.

itsmejrv wrote:

Yes, something like that. There is a jukebox feature in the interactive section of the show. Each button can pick a sequence.

DarrenJeffries wrote:

So then now we know it can be done, how do we connect a plunger switch (a little like a emergency stop button) to the LOR? Would it connect to the pc?

Ideas???

Hi,

All the LOR controllers (except the CTB08) have an input connection. You can connect a switch there. It is a low voltage switch and you can run a wire from the controller to the switch. With LOR II the PC will know when the button is pushed and can control things.

We will also be selling a IO card later this year that has multiple inputs. This card would daisy chain (or connect wireless) to the LOR network. With this card you can connect a bunch of buttons.

I has always envisioned a control panel for kids (of all ages) to control the show. Push one button and a tree turns red, push another and is spins, push another ..... Start a snowball fight.... It can get to be lots of fun. I have had a button for Alex to start the show on the first night every year, it is just a bunch of fun.

Since it's all about idea exchange...

If I get a chance to implement this, I will be using it to STOP the show dead in it's tracks. That's right.

If I am out front directing traffic, and people are unwilling to listen to my suggestion, the plan is to simply halt the show to encourage them to listen to me. It will also be used to allow neighbors into/out of their driveway.

Well all knowthat trafic can be a problem but, if you stop everything wont a sudden dark spot cause more problems? I see what you are getting at but I think it could be bad pupblisity if you keep shutting everything down! Also coulnt anyone pust 'the button'?

---Daniel L

I'm hoping there is a true 'pause' feature with this button. If not, a restart of the show is acceptable.

Why? I've had one person last year point out they were going to park where ever they wanted. I wanted nothing more than to kill the show right there. (They were blocking the view of about 3 cars who had waited to their turn to see it.)

Not worried about the publicity. More people thanked me for asking the offending cars to move, versus those who got truely upset.