Light-O-Rama Forums

Is this the next innovation making the portable hole obsolete?

Bizywk

Rather than building a second portable hole I purchased one of the steel augers this year for my display. The soil in my yard is mostly clay so one day in October I poured a 5-gallon bucket of water on the spot where I wanted the hole, repeated this for 7 days. I was to screw it in without any problems and it's almost perfectly vertical, that's the biggest challenge. In November I inserted and tightened a 10', 2-inch steel pipe. Added an extension and screwed on my hook head & CCP globe. I did reinforce it with a couple guide wires attached to the hook head. Has been very stable and worked well. I would definitely purchase another one if needed, definitely takes up less room in the garage. Probably won't be able to get this one out of the ground until March but that's OK since it's flush with the ground.

Rather than building a second portable hole I purchased one of the steel augers this year for my display. The soil in my yard is mostly clay so one day in October I poured a 5-gallon bucket of water on the spot where I wanted the hole, repeated this for 7 days. I was to screw it in without any problems and it's almost perfectly vertical, that's the biggest challenge. In November I inserted and tightened a 10', 2-inch steel pipe. Added an extension and screwed on my hook head & CCP globe. I did reinforce it with a couple guide wires attached to the hook head. Has been very stable and worked well. I would definitely purchase another one if needed, definitely takes up less room in the garage. Probably won't be able to get this one out of the ground until March but that's OK since it's flush with the ground.

I am thinking if getting a couple to to mount my Tune to Sign and my Donation Mail box. The tent stakes i tried to use just wont hold, ground is so wet from all the rain.

• The topic was locked