Light-O-Rama Forums

Timing map question

LarryDrumAZ

In the timing map, is there a way to "save" a custom map?  Every time I load a new song, the map reverts back to the default layout.  I have 16 different "ribbons" and they are all set differently as to frequency and channel.  Having to reset these on every song takes a while.

Thanks!

Larry

The software saves the timing map settings in a configuration file, but it does not save them to the sequence files. This means that whatever timing map settings you had when you closed superstar will be there when you launch it again. But when a sequence is loaded, the timing map settings get set back to their defaults.

So unfortunately there is not a way to save them into a sequence file. The only thing you could do, and it would be a pain, would be to do the following:

1) launch superstar, set the timing map

2) exit superstar

3) Find SSEdit.cfg, it should be at:

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / Superstar / SSEdit.cfg

4) rename the file to something like SSEdit_timingMapSettings.cfg

Then at any time you can make a copy of SSEdit_timingMapSettings.cfg and rename copy to SSEdit.cfg and then launch superstar and it will have the settings

Sorry that it is such a pain, obviously I could make it a feature in supestar to save the settings to a special file.

Yes, when I open SS it does show the last map I used.  However, when I start a new sequence, it reverts back to the default map.  That's where I was wondering is there was a way to keep the map the same when i start a new sequence.

Is there a way to copy the .cfg file to the default config?

The SSEdit.cfg file contains the settings that will be used when you launch superstar. The problem you are encountering is that when superstar loads a sequence file it sets default settings into the SSEdit.cfg file.

The way to "save" the SSEdit.cfg file and then use if for default settings is as follows:

1) launch superstar, set the timing map the way you want it.

2) exit superstar

3) Find SSEdit.cfg, it should be at:

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / Superstar / SSEdit.cfg

4) rename the file to something like SSEdit_timingMapSettings.cfg

Then when you want to use those settings do the following:

1) delete SSEdit.cfg

2) make a copy of SSEdit_timingMapSettings.cfg

3) Rename the copy to SSEdit.cfg

4) launch superstar and it will have the settings

Thanks Brian.  You're right, that would be a pain to do every time.  BUT, since SS saves the config when it closes, the easiest thing would be to close SS when I finish a sequence.  Then when I start SS again, viola, my settings are right where I need them.  Correct?