Light-O-Rama Forums

10W LOR flood light placement

jrock_at_rons

>> although now I'm not sure if 8 10w floods will be enough to give me the effect I want.

I hear you, I'm thinking I need another 8.

Mine is light too but its two stories with large dark light sucking windows and shutters.  For now I'm just going to try and get one early at the spring sale, set it up and test it early to see what kind of coverage I get.

If its not enough at least I'll have a few months to think about a gift to win over the wife so I can purchase a second set at the summer sale. 

Thanks guys.  

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody have any RGB Flood sequences written that I can download? I do have a couple that I have done for some short Disney tunes, not the best in the world, but do look OK.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone tried splicing and soldering more wire onto RGB Floods? at $12 a pop for 20 ft extension cords, I'm hoping I could create my own solution for much cheaper... Would some standard 18 gauge 4 core wire work? I'd hate to cut up my new floods without knowing whether it will work or not...In theory, I would think it would, but does anyone see any issue with doing that instead of the purchased extension cords? assuming I also heat wrapped and water proofed(water resistant) them... 

I use four strand irrigation control wire, easy to pick up from most hardware or online store. as a landscaper i always have portions of spools from jobs left over, just solder and heat shrink. they work fine ( and they are color coded as a benefit. )