Light-O-Rama Forums

Error Saving File

Kapkirk

Newbie having trouble here. I purchased 3 sequences from Holiday Coro and downloaded them to LOR and imported the media files to them without too much problem but on the last one I keep getting an error message "Error saving file...do you want to save to another file name? Detail: Invalid procedure call or argument"

I put two of the new sequences into LOR and then the music and saved them no problem. The third sequence I can not open or save the file without getting the above error message. And the only way to get LOR to play the sequence is to go to download manager and double click the file and then it loads LOR and I can play the sequence and hear the audio fine, just can't open or save or close it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, Keith

Just tried again and remembered I got a file saving warning before, it states "Save file version warning" This sequence was saved using an earlier version of LOR The newly saved file may use features that the earlier version of LOR will not be able to use. Are You sure you want to save this file?

This save file warning only happened with the one problem sequence so I am guessing that is my problem, any suggestions appreciated.

Keith

George Thanks, I did proceed and found the problem, I had the zip file open and I guess that was the reason I could not save the sequence, as soon as I found it open and closed it I went back to the recent sequences and it opened and saved no problem then.

The switch back to PC from Mac was bad enough but with windows 8 I did not see the zip file open until I stumbled upon it, I really wish LOR would work on the Mac at least for sequencing then I could work the sequences up and transfer them to the PC in November and use it to play my show.

Any way Thanks and at least I learned something, Keith

As George said, "proceed", if the sequence was created using an earlier version than what you have, you will receive this message on those sequences, just go ahead and save it with your version of the LOR Software and you'll be good to go.   When I upgraded my LOR Software I got that on every single sequence I had created in an earlier version.  I just saved it with the same filename from the updated LOR software and,the software hasn't complained until I may download or locate an older sequence in my depository or from sequence sharing sites or here from time to time.

Again, just resave it with the same filename in the new version and you'll be fine.

• 5 months later...

I had the same error when trying to save my files. Went through all the previous posts and read something. When I read a particular post, something clicked and I remembered doing something to the LOR sequence folder previously. So here is what fixed my problem... go the the LOR directory... right click on the "SEQUENCE" folder...click on "PROPERTIES"...uncheck the "READ ONLY'...click on "APPLY" then OK. Solved my problems..LOL. I was pulling my hair out the whole day. Even had to lose a sequence I was working on because I couldn't save it. Now it works again and I have my sanity back. Hopefully, this helps someone in the future....Good Luck