Light-O-Rama Forums

static lights

michael spencer

Hi me again.

Two questions:

1. I have made an animation sequence ! minute long with lights all on. How do I make this into an hour or even longer?

2. How do I add this after a musical sequence in the show editor?

Mike.

michael spencer wrote:

1. I have made an animation sequence ! minute long with lights all on. How do I make this into an hour or even longer?

Well, that depends. If you just want it run by itself, make a show that contains just that sequence and schedule it to run for the desired amount of time.

If you mean to use it inbetween other animation sequences then you may want use loops or copy-and-paste to lengthen it.

You can also insert it multiple times in-a-row in the show editor.

2. How do I add this after a musical sequence in the show editor?

Animation and musical sequences run simultaneously when placed in their corresponding tabs in the show editor. If you want them to play sequentially you will have to make your animation sequence a musical sequence.

You can use a silent sound file, but remember loops cannot be used in a musical sequence if you go that route.

I would make a new musical sequence using a silent sound file of desired duration and the copy-paste your animation sequence into it.

Cheers,
Charlie

Push Eject wrote:

If you want them to play sequentially you will have to make your animation sequence a musical sequence.

No, you don't have to. You can insert an animation sequence into the "Musical" tab. It will play in sequence like all the other sequences in that tab.

Steven wrote:

Push Eject wrote:
If you want them to play sequentially you will have to make your animation sequence a musical sequence.

No, you don't have to. You can insert an animation sequence into the "Musical" tab. It will play in sequence like all the other sequences in that tab.

Correct. The tabs should really be named "Concurent" (animations-only) and "Sequential" (Animation or Music), or something that's a little more pleasing to the ear (I'm a developer, not a marketeer :P)

-Tim

Steven wrote:

Push Eject wrote:

ARE YOU SERIOUS! All this time I've been making work for myself...

Sorry for the miss-information, Michael and thanks for the correction, Tim and Steven.

Charlie