Light-O-Rama Forums

Fading a Morph

Darryl Lambert

Been playing around with superstar & I haven't figured away to fade up or down a morph.

I have a morph going from left to right across a matrix & would like the entire morph to fade up as it goes along not just the head. So when the morph reaches the far end it will all be at 100%.

Is this even possible?

Another question . If I have 2 morph going in opposite directions diagonally , is there a way to select a color where they intersect? If I have a red morph going one way & a green one the other way when they intersect I get yellow but I would like to pick a different color.

Edited by Darryl Lambert

Good questions. The first two color controls are the start and end colors of the head. The last two color controls are the start and end colors of the tail. But the start color of the head is the start color at the beginning of the morph meaning it changes with the position of the head. Whereas the start color of the tail means the start color of the tail by time. So the two don't change colors in unison. I designed it so you could make a white head that looked like the head of a comet and it would have a tail behind it.

If you want the tail color to change in unison with the head color, select "Use Head Color" in the "Tail" section of the Morph dialog box.

Normally you will want to select only the first "Use Head Color" for the start tail color and have the end tail color be black. But you can experiment with selecting the second "Use Head Color" checkbox and see what it does.

As for controlling the color where two morphs intersect, there is no way to do that.