Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Smart light problem

Bob Eastman

This Xmas I had 2 separate smart strings (54 lights) on 10 foot lead chords. Down to 25 degrees both strings work fine, but when the temperature went to 20 degrees one string started hanging up on white. Further on and off commands had no response, the only thing that worked was to turn the power off and reset the strings Switching the lead chords didn't change anything. When the temperature went back up the string worked fine. The other string worked fine the whole time. Does anyone have anyone have any ideas on what is wrong or what I can do to keep this from happening?

Sounds like a loose connection or bad solder somewhere. I've had a couple issues with temp swings and things working/not working. 9/10 was a bad connection

Sounds like a loose connection or bad solder somewhere. I've had a couple issues with temp swings and things working/not working. 9/10 was a bad connection

+1  I agree bad/loose connection or a crack in the solder joint and when it gets cold the solder joint contracts and opens enough to cause an issue.