Light-O-Rama Forums

Start Programming Now

Jeff Messer

I have always been early to get my sequences completed. With the new roof matrix I tried to paste 4050 at one time to red. Within seconds LOR crashed. LOL... I knew it would but had to give it a shot. I just hope the lag will be gone but creating two files just incase. 

Its a nightmare for sure. Feels like a gamble with every paste. Even with small segments at a time it takes forever for the save to complete. This is why I've been converting to NC. Not because I want to but I'm being forced to.

For achieving the shortest save times (and possibly eliminating many crashes) go to: EDIT > PREFERENCES > SAVING PREFERENCES.  Both VERIFY LOAD and EXPORT COMPRESSED should be unchecked.

Are y'all aware that when the title bar in the Sequence Editor says "Not Responding" that doesn't necessarily mean that the SE has crashed.  Quite the opposite - it means that the process is taking longer than Windows thinks it should, but by no means has the SE crashed.  Have a bit of patience and you might be rewarded by not having to redo so much work.

Edited by George Simmons

• 2 weeks later...

Task Manger always runs so I can watch the files. This issue happens within seconds and could either be the internet or nutcracker being opened at the same time. Either way its a long wait to get it back open. Completed first one and almost finished the second sequence for this years show. Only saw one spot that the visualizer lagged.

Agreed what George said, just because task manager said it's not responding doesn't mean that it's not. Windows was wrong on a lot of different programs that uses a lot of resources.

• The topic was locked