Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking For A Mentor In Illinois

seacap

Hi Everyone,

I am new to CCR's and plan to have a CCR tree for next year incorporated into my regular program. I have purchased the Superstar program and have started to play around with it. I've watched all the videos and have been reading a ton of post on CCR subjects to learn more. Just as soon as I think I have something down, the program just seems to have a mind of it's own and does something completely different from what I was doing and I have no idea how to fix it or do what I thought it should do.  Now that my brain is fried, I'm wondering if there is anyone around central Illinois who could show me tricks and tips on designing my sequences? I live around the Champaign area and can travel. If anyone has a little spare time and would be willing to share their knowledge, please email me at: seacapandlady@gmail.com . I would appreciate any help. 

Please give an example of when "the program just seems to have a mind of it's own". If it is hard to describe you can call me at 972-467-0327 and I can connect to your computer and you can show me what is happening.

Take Brian up on his offer. I also live in central Illinois but I too am new to Superstar. I have sequenced 1 complete song with it so far and hope to get 4 to 5 more done before the season starts. My advice is to just keep playing with it. To me its a great program that has great effects. The only problem I have ran into with it is when I want to fade a channel up or down using the color effect tool sometimes it wont let me do it. If i start with black and end with white it will give an error. Sometimes it takes it after a second time and sometimes it just doesnt. Not sure why. Any ideas Brian? I assume the best way to fade a channel is by using the color tool correct?

The warning happens the first time you try to draw with black since you have launched the program. The warning says:

Warning: You are drawing with black, to draw with a color use the left Red, Green or Blue color selection control. (This warning only appears once, if you wish to draw with black you can do so after this warning)

I put the warning in there because I was afraid that a new user would be confused as to why no color was appearing on the sequencing grid. I put it up only once so that it doesn't annoy you with the warning thereafter. Realize it is a warning, not an error. And as you say, if you want to fade up from black to a color, you must "draw with black". You are not doing anything wrong.

Hi Brian, I appreciate your offer. I am just real new to the program so I have a learning curve to go through. What I meant when the program has a mind of it's own was, I would try something and liked it, than modify it a bit and it did something totally different than what I thought was going to happen. I've been reading the forums and learning more each day. Hope you'll be able to come out with some more videos soon on images and advance morphing tricks. Would you happen to know if there might be some up coming training classes in the near future?

Hi brown, you are ahead of me. I just playing with the program trying to learn things. Maybe some time we could get together and compare notes and ideas. I live in St. Joseph, just east of Champaign/Urbana and I can travel. Hope you have a great day, Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Brian

Is there a way to select one entire layer, or more than then what is shown on a single screen.  If I try to scroll it only allows me to select whatever is on the screen.   I know about  the select all and select left or right but thats not what I want?

Thanks

Press the Ctrl key while doing a mouse click or a mouse drag and it will add to or subtract from a selection. So you can select everything in view, then scroll and use Ctrl + mouse drag to add to the selection. You can keep doing this as many time as needed.

I admit it is cumbersome to do, but currently it is the only way to select more than what is visible on the screen.