Light-O-Rama Forums

How to add to what I have

caniac

Currently I have an Advance license, I want to get the 4CCR version even though currently I do not have any RGB/CCR/DMX elements to sequence.  Is it as simple as pay, download, install or is there more to it?  Do I need to setup my display in Visualizer?

Actually, you don't even have to download anything.

Just purchase the 4_CCR license. Make 110% sure you use the *same* email address as your current license is using, else there will be problems. Once you make the purchase your *current* access key will be licensed for 4_CCR.

Actually, you don't even have to download anything.

Just purchase the 4_CCR license. Make 110% sure you use the *same* email address as your current license is using, else there will be problems. Once you make the purchase your *current* access key will be licensed for 4_CCR.

do you have to also setup visualizer?

You can use the "Create Quick Visualization" feature to create a grid that has a dot represent each channel. This can be useful to do an Instant Sequence on your light display.

If you want to sequence the lights yourself you will need to create a visualization of your light display. There is a video tutorial that is an introduction to the visualizer. Go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" then click on "Video Tutorials". The superstar tutorials are at the bottom. The tutorial on creating a visualization is 2nd from the bottom.

Note that you can try all of the above without purchasing a superstar license. The free demo is completely functional in every way except that you can't export the sequences to the sequence editor. This means you can create and save sequences in superstar format. And you can of course play the sequences to the computer screen in superstar. This way you can try using it and make sure it meets your needs before you purchase a license.

do you have to also setup visualizer?

In what manner?

Licensing? No, that would be taken care of.

General use? Of course you know that the visualizer is optional. Don't have to use it if you don't want to.

You can use the "Create Quick Visualization" feature to create a grid that has a dot represent each channel. This can be useful to do an Instant Sequence on your light display.

If you want to sequence the lights yourself you will need to create a visualization of your light display. There is a video tutorial that is an introduction to the visualizer. Go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" then click on "Video Tutorials". The superstar tutorials are at the bottom. The tutorial on creating a visualization is 2nd from the bottom.

Note that you can try all of the above without purchasing a superstar license. The free demo is completely functional in every way except that you can't export the sequences to the sequence editor. This means you can create and save sequences in superstar format. And you can of course play the sequences to the computer screen in superstar. This way you can try using it and make sure it meets your needs before you purchase a license.

I want to be able to export what I do there into SE.

To "Export to Sequence Editor" you need to purchase a superstar license. The 2 CCR license will export up to 300 channels. If you have more than 300 channels, then you will want the 4 CCR license which will export up to 600 channels.

To "Export to Sequence Editor" you need to purchase a superstar license. The 2 CCR license will export up to 300 channels. If you have more than 300 channels, then you will want the 4 CCR license which will export up to 600 channels.

what kind of challenge is it adding my existing mini trees, mega trees, and singing Christmas Trees to this?

It does take some time to make the visualization. The tutorial will give you a start. You can make the visualization without purchasing the superstar license. You can give it a try, and if you get stuck I can help you.

ok, i have brought in a song and ran instant sequence.  looks like it did something but how do i get that from SS to SE?

In superstar, click on the File menu and select "Export to Sequence Editor"

launch the Sequence Editor and you should see the exported file, select it and open it.

In superstar, click on the File menu and select "Export to Sequence Editor"

launch the Sequence Editor and you should see the exported file, select it and open it.

my "example" is kinda primitive but I see value in it if I can master it!!! 

Be sure to watch the two tutorials about creating a visualization and sequencing a visualization. They are the bottom two tutorials on the Video Tutorial page.

Be sure to watch the two tutorials about creating a visualization and sequencing a visualization. They are the bottom two tutorials on the Video Tutorial page.

watched the visualization and have created one (a bit tedious) and will look at the sequencing tomorrow.