Light-O-Rama Forums

G3-MP3

aesl1982

So I see the g3-MP3 director has two network capability I'm thinking of going this route. I like the sd card route as I had a mini director this year. Question is that it comes with 16 channels if I out grow the two networks in future will it work as a regular controller as well

I think you may be mixing products here.

The G3-MP3 device doesn't come with a controller. You are most likely looking at the 1602wG3-MP3, which would have 16 regular AC channels, and a G3-MP3 attached to it.

If you were to outgrow the two networks, adding 16 more channels to the networks wouldn't be a smart thing to do. I mean if you outgrow the capacity of two networks, why would you be adding 16 more channels to one of the networks?

Don your right in looking at the 1602wg3-MP3. And I plan to run one network with regular ac channels and use the second network with some ccd's. If I grow to a lot more rgb in the future and can run off the sd card anymore would the 1603wg3-MP3 be able to be used as just a controller

Ok awesome. I can possibly see me having to use the computer to run the show with multiple networks for rgb in a few years. Then it would become just a controller. Thanks for the help

Last year I ran a 12 ccr Matrix & 4 ccp controllers on Aux a on the Gn3 Director/mp3 player (the one without the controller) & it ran good. The regular network had 6 controllers on it. I will be putting it to the test & see how 16 ccrs & 8 ccp controllers work on one 1 network (Aux A). The regular controllers won't be doing much except going to 1 of 5 colours I plan to use this season. Oh & I am having a singing tree. If I do have problems then I will run both networks at 500 speed.

That's comforting then I'm gonna have 10 controllers on Reg network and then 9 ccp's on the second. Hoping it'll be ok