Light-O-Rama Forums

Trains in Display

godman

Anyone using trains in their display? I'm looking for more animated props for 2015 and thought about incorporating trains. Anyone have any ideas/pics they want to share on the idea?

2014 is the first year that I used my train. It's a battery-powered ride-on train that I set on my porch on a simple circle layout. The track is almost at eye level on the sidewalk so viewers don't see it or the folding table I used for a trestle. I altered a standing elf from a store to be the train operator. Here's a crappy video: 

Another big display in West Seattle has this one in their Static Display...The Menasche House

They also have a G-Scale Train to the right of their big train set up on a table...

Also Mark Z of Woodinville Wonderland has one...

http://www.woodinvillewonderland.com/Display_2013.htm

Edited by jimswinder

2014 is the first year that I used my train. It's a battery-powered ride-on train that I set on my porch on a simple circle layout. The track is almost at eye level on the sidewalk so viewers don't see it or the folding table I used for a trestle. I altered a standing elf from a store to be the train operator. Here's a crappy video: 

I was going to buy a Ride On Train but I passed on it because it wasn't payday & they they sold out & the store isn't getting it back. That sucked because it was in a oval shape. $150.00 complete. I was going to run half the track on the front deck & the other half I was going to make a trestle. 

Now I need to keep looking for this in Canada.

Mine is a Imaginarium 6V Express Train that I purchased on sale for $140. from ToyRUs.com. I see it's now $120.00!
I just used the curved track and not the straight sections to make a circle. I may make the layout larger this year. The battery powered the engine (with its built-in LED light) throughout the show (5:30p - 11p). I took it in after the show was finished and recharged it overnight.
http://www.toysrus.com/buy/vehicles/imaginarium-6v-express-train-5f60d19-23264466