Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy and Paste into a new sequence

Paul L Johnson

I have tried to copy and paste certain parts of one sequence into a new sequence with no luck.  Does anyone know if you can copy from one song sequence into a nother new sequence?

Thanks

There shouldn't be any problem with copying from one sequence to another.

What exactly occurred when you tried? Did you get an error message? Or was it just that nothing happened?

If you got an error message, what did it say, exactly, word for word, in full?

I have tried to copy and paste certain parts of one sequence into a new sequence with no luck.  Does anyone know if you can copy from one song sequence into a nother new sequence?

Thanks

I do it all the time.  Because of the way I export from SuperStar, I do a copy & paste of the entire sequence from one sequence to another.  What are you doing, and what kind of a failure do you get?

What I do is this:

1) Open exported SuperStar sequence.

2) Create a new sequence using my standard configuration.

3) Click on the first cell of the first channel in the SSE export.

4) Move the the very bottom last cell of the SSE export and Shift-Click there.

5) Select Copy (or CTRL-C).

6) Move the sequence created in step 2.

7) Click on the first cell of the first channel (in my case it is in track 2, but that would not be the case for most people).

8) Select Paste (or CTRL-V).

9) Wait a while.

10) Done.

Do you have a clipboard unlocked?

If no clipboards are unlocked you can"t copy. At least thats what happens on my machine.

Do you have a clipboard unlocked?

If no clipboards are unlocked you can"t copy. At least thats what happens on my machine.

That's strange, I've never had that issue before. I can copy and paste from sequence to sequence no problem

I get one channel to copy and then paste after that I can not copy a second channel.  Nothing is grouped not a CCR to reular.  Clipboard is unlocked.  The original just freezes can not rename anything it is just frozen.  can not even repaste into the new sequence. 

I even tried putting my fist through the monitor.

Edited by Paul L Johnson

I would reinstall the software and see if the issue is resolved. Be sure, just in case, to back up all your sequences to another location. Normally the install won't impact the existing but just in case...