Light-O-Rama Forums

extension cords and splicing

melmark4

Cut your cords and add the spt in the lengths you need and solder wires and shrink wrap. only 2 splices and zero vampire plugs unless you want an inline female.

I have almost 2 miles of extension cords, store bought and home made from SPT-2.  I used vampire plugs and sliced using soldering and heat shrink.  Never had a failure and never used any tape on any connection.  Now that we are 100% RGB, we are repurposing the cords for RGB 12v and 5v power.

Edited by LarryDrumAZ

I put the controller for my mega tree under it... covered  it in it with a plastic box covered with  Christmas paper. It blends right in and isn't noticeable unless someone is really trying to find it. 

Dont know about this year yet.... will be using 5 controllers instead of just three.  This year adding 4 singing trees so will probably put it behind them.  Havent decided on how close or where the singing trees will be located at.

Ordered a packet (10) full size coro plastic sheets from Home depot should be getting here the first week of may.  May make my singing trees 4" X 8" Havent decided yet how big I want to make them. May just stick to 4 X 4.