Light-O-Rama Forums

Overlaying Text on Solid Background

jimswinder

I want to overlay a WHITE text over a solid BLUE and GREEN background. (#gohawks)

Is there a way to do it so it stays WHITE instead of it incorporating the  BLUE  and GREEN ( #superbowlchamps) and so turns the WHITE text pink and all sorts of other colors?

Edited by jimswinder

If the text does not move then you can make a text "Neg mask".  With a mask you can put any effect you want in a time later above mask and it will be in the background. Put any effect you want in a time layer below the mask and it will appear in the foreground. In your case, you can use scenes to make a blue and green background. Make another scene that is white to make a white foreground. For more details, there is a tutorial. Go to the lightorama main page, click on Support, then click on "Video Tutorials". The superstar tutorials are at the bottom. Look for:

"SuperText Advanced Techniques"

If you need text that moves, such as text that is like a marque, then you cannot use a mask and there is no way to have a background that is independent from the text color.

So in conclusion:

If your text stands still, you have full control of the background and foreground

If your text moves, then you need to have a black background or else the background color will effect the color of the text as you describe

Jim I think your completely waisting your time with this. It can't be done.

The text field is all wrong. It should of been ( #GoPackers!!)  :P

Jim I think your completely waisting your time with this. It can't be done.

The text field is all wrong. It should of been ( #GoPackers!!)  :P

after today it will be #gonePackers

Sure you don't want to change it now?  :)

You'll at least have it correct for half the game.

Edited by Darryl Lambert