Light-O-Rama Forums

Just starting out and have a question

Socalham

Also... document your work. Even if this hobby you do turns out to be just a one-year little thing, it still was a memory. Document research information, companies contacted and used, people you've networked with, and take plenty of pictures and videos. That way, when you come to look back at these pictures, papers, and memories, you can reminisce in the greatness of that year.

• Like 1

+1 on the documentation. I re-ordered pixels and since I saved the hyperlinks to the products I bought before, hopefully they'll be the exact same ones. I saved all the things I ordered for my pixel tree in a parts list, therefore easy to refer too. Video's of each year's efforts always helps you to go back and review, dream up new possibilities or change things that just didn't work out as hoped.

So after sometime and many changes to the set up I want. I am now thinking about using dumb RGB for part of my display would you think that would be to much for my first year. The thing that makes me nerves is sequencing. The set up and wiring I feel good comfortable with. I have been playing with LOR demo software but I'm struggling when it comes to the RGB part of things. So is it best to just to wait till next year?

So after sometime and many changes to the set up I want. I am now thinking about using dumb RGB for part of my display would you think that would be to much for my first year. The thing that makes me nerves is sequencing. The set up and wiring I feel good comfortable with. I have been playing with LOR demo software but I'm struggling when it comes to the RGB part of things. So is it best to just to wait till next year?

I say jump in with both feet...and go with smart RGB...why pay for something twice?...I don't think you wold regret it..you have all summer to master it...