Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights on constant

Guest guest

I am planning to get the 16 channel LOR this April, I am briefly planning my display. what I am wondering is that when the show is "off" (when I say off i mean that all of the lights are on constant with no music scynuized to the lights) do you have all of the channels on? Or is LOR on a timer and when it is off all the lights are on. What im trying to do is have certain lights blink, twinckle, ect. to the music, but the other lights off fro the whole song, but i want them come come after LOR is done running. Such as the mega tree hooked up to lor and dances to the music and have the blowmolds, and inflables turn on after the whole song is over. Ihope that i am clear on this and if not please post me a question.

THANKS

JOE

I will try to answer that, if I understand the question. Yes, you can make each of the 16 channels operate independently. If the tree had 8 channels, of the 16, and the blowmolds had the other 8, 8 could be on doing there thing, while the others are off. You program each individual circuit to do what you want, when you want. The power to the whole board has to be plugged in to 120.

Bill

i believe to get the effect you want you would need to create a animation sequence that would have just the items on that you want. Whenever you setup your schedule run your musical sequence then run your animation sequence with everything set on, you can determine the length when you setup the sequence, i hope i am being clear with this, maybe somebody else will chime in to help further

bob

If you have a lot of lights (or whatever) you want to be static all at the same time and yet off during a LOR sequence I would use one channel of the LOR to switch relays (SSR or mechanical) to control everythign else without using multiple LOR channels. This way when you turn off the 15 channels of LOR music dnacing, you turn the last channel back on with everything else.

THATS EXACTLY WANT I WANTED TO KNOW!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Also i thought of another question: for the inflatables do you think that its ok fro them to be going on and off a few (4-6 )times a night?

THANKS

JOE

if you split the cords so there is a seperate cord for the motor and one for the lights you could use lor to control the lights and have the motors plugges in all the time on another seperate outlet

bob

That was i was going to do, but i was just going to get rid of the c7 inside and just place a spot light behind it. If I do split the lights that are already attached to the inflatable, can i just attach a plug to the end of that? (cut the cord coming out of the motor that is going to the lights)

THANKS

JOE

You can get x10 controlled outlets for about $10-$12 after shipping on ebay. If you mount them in boxes and run long extensions to them you can run multiple components off of them. (Just make sure they waterproof).