Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding High Count RGB Channels

mmais68569

I will be adding a Pixel Mega tree for 2015 & need to add almost 2400 ch to my sequences, just short of 5 Universes. Is there an easy way to set the start channel address & the correct universe with out doing it one at a time.

Mike

thanks look like it worked. Now to get into Nutcracker & see if I can create & save animations( I know this is not the correct word) to the correct channels.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Ok I have been able to add the pixel tree to my channel config. Because it will be starting in universe 2 I have a lot of added channels I do not need. I want to start universe 2 at channel 281 not 513. 

1. How do I delete all the added channels not needed

2. How do I set start channel numbers in universe 2 so the first channel is 281

Mike 

Easiest way to delete a large number of channels is to go to the first unwanted channel and select create a group (I may not have the phrase right, but it should be close enough). Then in the box select the last unwanted channel. Then create the group. Then select the group and delete it.

Sorry if I'm not giving details, but I'm doing this from my phone and not looking at a computer while explaining it. If this is not close enough, I will explain better when I'm home.

Thanks Jim 

Got rid of all the extra channels now 

2. How do I set start channel numbers in universe 2 so the first channel is 281. This is for a pixel tree so I need to set address on 800 channels

Mike

I used Vegomatic to set my string count and channel config. Then Export to LOR LCC. Then use Xlights to create effects. Then Export effects to your clipboard and use when needed.

Steve

I used Veg-o-matic & found where to set everything, EXCEPT the start channel. I want it to start at 281 & looks like veg-o-matic defaults to 513. 

Mike

I used Veg-o-matic & found where to set everything, EXCEPT the start channel. I want it to start at 281 & looks like veg-o-matic defaults to 513. 

Mike

I ran a test on this and it seems to work fine here.   If we need to debug something you can PM to work it out. 

All the cool kids use Vegomatic to add lots of channels. Very flexible tool. Just this week I made a new channel configuration with Vegomatic, figured out I did it wrong, and it only took me 5 minutes to redo it. Without Vegomatic it would've taken hours.

• The topic was locked