Light-O-Rama Forums

Not LOR related but fun none the less

craigecooper

Thought I would share my addition to this year's display.  Focused more indoors this year and the thought process was about a year in the making.  So here is a video of my elevated, upside down, spinning Christmas tree.  The beam in the sunroom is about 15' off the floor.  Steel cable, a couple pulleys, separate electrical for the motor and lights and like most everything else, twice as much work as i had anticipated.  Needless to say, it generated a lot of responses from "wow, that's really cool" to "why the h#!! did you do that?".    

http://youtu.be/OTKOmCn_GhY

My bad, I should have given my wife kudos for the decorating.  It's a tropical themed tree with glass bulbs with sand from various beaches we have visited.  Also quite a few collected sea shells glued around white lights.  Parrots and fishing nets round out some of the unique decor.   

Well... nothing new about upside down trees...i think they originated for small apartments where they take less floor space. My sunroom lends itself to the vertical so that was easy. My daughter offered "why not make it spin so you can see all the decorations". And there you have a 360° zero footprint Christmas tree.

Edited by craigecooper

The spinning part is pretty cool.

My 3 inside trees just stand there.

Kind of boring now that I think about it.

May have to hang a spinner sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I anticipated something far more dangerous and spinning with much greater speed than was presented.  :D  I kind of wanted it to speed up all of a sudden and throw Christmas ornaments and lights into corners and nooks and crannies of the room. Which I think would be hilarious, though dangerous, to watch unfold...  :P

• The topic was locked