Light-O-Rama Forums

Noob display

Dcroc

Didn''t have much time to get it together, but did manage to make the local paper's "must see Christmas lights".  Really more interested in what you guys "in the know" think.  Posting a couple samples below. Would love any feedback. Be honest, guys. I value your opinions.  Sorry about the poor video and audio.  Yard is too wide to get it all in one frame.

Edited by Dcroc

Well, first of all, it is "Newb"  not "noob",  second of all,  I can not watch  Frozen for at least a few more months, seen it too many times.

Other than that, not too shabby.    Honest enough for you? :)

Nice job but i have to agree with shfr26 seen Frozen videos one to many times. I'm glad i do not use that song on my display people have gone crazy with it. But again very nice job welcome to the addiction

Yeah, I'm not crazy about Frozen.  The neighbors across the street were not real lthrilled about my display, so I added Frozen to please their young daughter.  Thought it might warm them up a bit.  Not really sure if it worked, as they didn't have any comments after I added it.

I did two songs from Frozen and somehow people heard about it and came from far and wide to see the "Frozen house" here. It was so crazy, I had to up the play count to every 3rd song as they were lined up waiting to hear either one of them. Frozen was the hit of the show here. I think too it was the fact that they could "See" the ainimation of the characters on my new pixel tree as opposed to just lights alone. Next year, the big deal will be Star Wars again...so how are we going to encompass that into our displays?