Light-O-Rama Forums

Next season I will...

aegault

The first year is under our belt- here are my resolutions:

1- Add arches or fire sticks

2- Use less "sparkle"

3- avoid syncopated songs (Boston Pops Sleigh Ride was a PITA)

4- more songs!

5- a REAL "tune to" sign

What goals have you set for next holiday?

(Also thinking about doing this for Halloween! Heeheehee...

No more lights for me this year.  Next I plan on getting a drone, so I can record my display from the sky like everyone else! :lol::D :D :D

• Like 2

Better yet, have a friend buy the drone and shoot video for you.  That leaves more money for lights or controllers!

• Like 1

Pixels. More pixels. My dumb rgb looks so pathetic with all the lights changing together.

Better spotlights. Replace my diy rgb spots with LOR. Or break down and hack a few China ones.

Replace my 5 piece rgb arches with pixel arches.

Add me some rgb fire sticks. Convert my old arches into firesticks is the plan.

Add pixel strips around the garage.

Build a pumpkin arch. Already have the parts.

Add pneumatics to my groundbreaker zombies. Built them for this 2 years ago but they been static. Pneumatics cost so much!!

Halloween a must!! To me it is way more fun sequencing and watching the show as compared to Christmas. Maybe it's just me....

My wish list is servo dog and animatronics but I fear I am stretched thin budget wise.

Build a pumpkin arch. Already have the parts.

CAAC3735-8609-4DA3-B7F3-A5BA02A9A94B_zps

It's been too cold here to do anything and I was bored so I already started mine lol. Have the whole frame built and all the pumpkins mounted at this point. Start wiring pixels tonight lol

Edited by 1983ss454

12 more 4ch mini trees

3 more 9ch arches

trippy 48ch 8 color tree

merry xmas wireframe ( maybe )

mount 8 LOR 10w on top of said frame pointed at the street

$$$ donation bin

4 or 8 firesticks

light balls to hang in the tree

try and get the neighborhood involved

( Edit ) and a singing face!

Edited by oilmoney

I need to listen to the forum's experts and start earlier. Then maybe i'd have time to add the things i wanted to add this year but didn't.

1) - Drip tubes. Need to lengthen the distance between each tube. They are so close together i didn't like the way they looked on the tree.

2) - Use the strobes that I already bought but never attached to power.

3) - String lights up in a large oak tree.

4) - Use the pixels and dumb strips that i already bought for this year.

5) - Take advantage of presales and get some better quality lights

6) - Decide on a playlist and start sequencing way earlier.

I need to listen to the forum's experts and start earlier. Then maybe i'd have time to add the things i wanted to add this year but didn't.

1) - Drip tubes. Need to lengthen the distance between each tube. They are so close together i didn't like the way they looked on the tree.

2) - Use the strobes that I already bought but never attached to power.

3) - String lights up in a large oak tree.

4) - Use the pixels and dumb strips that i already bought for this year.

5) - Take advantage of presales and get some better quality lights

6) - Decide on a playlist and start sequencing way earlier.

Haha start now, I find the best time to build is when it's cold, summer rolls around and I don't want to be in my cellar working on lights for winter lol

I'll Pixel outline of house and add some pixel sprial trees for a start. Take away as much of the leds as I can.

CAAC3735-8609-4DA3-B7F3-A5BA02A9A94B_zps

It's been too cold here to do anything and I was bored so I already started mine lol. Have the whole frame built and all the pumpkins mounted at this point. Start wiring pixels tonight lol

Crap. I am already behind. How dare you!!!!! :) Edited by sax

• 2 weeks later...

Crap. I am already behind. How dare you!!!!! :)

Almost complete

I have already added 4 pixel arches, 2 50w RGB floods and quite a bit more LED lights. Along with that I am making a talking tree and snowman. Would love to add more... but will see what the budget allows.

Oilmoney
You're going to light your balls and hang them in a tree?  Sounds painful.  :lol:

This year I will start sequencing now, while I still have my pixel mega tree up.  I only got 2 songs done for this past season.

Haha start now, I find the best time to build is when it's cold, summer rolls around and I don't want to be in my cellar working on lights for winter lol

You could move to Edmonton, Alberta Canada & that way you get 6 months of winter to work on your display. Then you get 3 months of spring/ summer & 3 month of fall.