Light-O-Rama Forums

Trying SS Demo and having a problem

JazzyJeff

Running LOR on 2 computers with windows 8.1.  SS start ok but after loading an audio file when I press Play (both 8 sec and entire song) I lose control of program until 8 sec or song is done. Can not stop the play or anything else, can not even exit program unless I use Alt Cntl Del.  Happens on both computers with all songs.  Got LOR about Sept 2014, Have latest version.  Thank for any help

Hmm, not sure why that would be happening. Does it behave that way on both of your computers?

Once you start playing a sequence there are 3 ways you are supposed to be able to stop it:

1) click on the Play button again

2) click on the Stop button (The one to the left of the Play button)

3) press the space bar

Do all 3 of the above fail to stop the song?

Both computers the same.  After retrying it appears to work as long as the song plays less then about 10 sec.  After that no control, to stop it I must Alt cntl del.  That is with and without any coding. Just loading and playing a song will stop it from working.  Tried with a number of songs.

Yes.  Also updated 2nd computer to 3.12 and it still has same problem.  I am going to put software on my wife's computer maybe it will work.  Back to you soon.  Thanks.

Put software on my wife's computer and it appears to work great.  Thank for the help.  If you come up with ideas on the problem I really like to use my computer.

I would still like to get it to work on your other two computers. I changed something in the code that may fix it. Do the following on one of your computers that has the problem:

1) Shut down SuperStar

2) Look for SSEdit.exe. It will be in one of the following two places:

c:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama\SSEdit.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\SSEdit.exe

3) Rename it to something like SSEdit_original.exe

4) Use the link below to get the new SSEdit.exe and copy it to the same place where you renamed the original SSEdit.exe

5) Launch SuperStar. If you have done everything correctly, it will say v0.1501.9 in the title bar in the upper left of the program.

6) Verify that the bug is fixed

With the two computers that are having the problem, can you think of something the two computers have in common? Such as, are they both running a certain piece of software in the background?

Also, on the computers where you are having the problem, are you able to play a sequence in the sequence editor and always stop it successfully?

I have very little running that is not system.  I shut everything of that I could find including antivirus and still have the problem. I am available of you want to logon ether of my computers