Light-O-Rama Forums

sequence ?

ericm

I have actually learned to use 3 or more different timing grids. I use the tapper wizard for some of the more pronounced parts of the song. Then I create another 2 or 3 timing grids that I work into specific part of the song. sometimes you find longer timing will work, but other times you might need is shorter timing to get your lights to do what you want them to do...

you can also get much more crisp and specific when you use a shorter timing grid..

Beat wizard. I use it to create timing marks for 2 channels (not connected to a controller) that I use to keep track of "beats". The top channel is "Beat 1 3". I use the beat wizard to turn on a channel every 2 beats. Then i run it again this time using an offset of 1 beat and turning on channel "Beat 2 4". Most of the cord changes, drum beats, verse/chorus changes, etc happen on the beat so this helps me know where to start stop something.

The next thing i do is use the Beat Wizard to create a freeform timing grid 8 times the detected beat. Why? Well i like to fade up/down (quickly) sometimes before turning on/off a channel (to make it less blinky) and having an 8th or quarter note before that is just about right.

Beat Wizard every time, with many different freeform timing grids based on multiples of the beat.  Freeform grids also allow you to shift timing marks manually if you need to while fixed grids don't.

Also be sure you familiarize yourself with the stretch-to-fit paste option.  That tool allows you to easily match up your sequencing pattern to a variable length of time without regard for any timing marks.

I use 0.04 or 0.03 for all my timing and have only had to alter a timing grid on one song to get the exact timing needed.... usually i have no issues as going to .04 is 1/25th of a second