Light-O-Rama Forums

Not all CTB-16 units are workingn(Up and Running)

Scott Johannsen

If some one could help me. I have 3 CTB-16 units hooked up. I have 16 channels hooked up to the lights on the house and the other 32 channels hooked up to a christmas tree. I have a director card with MP3 player playing my sequences. The first unit hooked up to the director card is the house unit and it plays the sequences just fine. One of the units for the christmas tree shows it is connected but will not play the sequences right. The other unit just blinks like it is not connected. what am I doing wrong? Please help a new LOR user. Thanks Scott

Hi,

Make sure the Unit IDs are all set correctly 01, 02 and 03... Check the cable to the last controller. That controller does not seem to be getting a signal. If you can plug the DC-MP3 directly into the third unit that is a good test to see if it a communications issue.

IF a controller is not working correclty then I would suspect that it needs to be reset or the sequence file has some channels not set up correctly or that there is a problem with communications.

Dan

I did take the mp3 player outside and hook it up to just the two 16 channel units and both of them worked just fine so I changed out the cord running from the 16 channels on the house to the 32 channel christmas tree and then plugged the unit back in and I got the same thing the house working and one of the 16 channel units connected but the other unit stays blinking. I also tested the cord going inbetween the two 16 channel units and it is good. I then checked the sequence on file and it shows that I have a unit 01, 02 and a 03 labeled in the sequence. It shows unit 01 channel 1-16, unit 02 channel 1-16 and unit 03 channel 1-16.

I have two data cable splicers connecting the house unit to the tree units. Should I not have data cable connectors?

What else could I check?

Thanks for your help

Scott

Scott Johannsen wrote:

I did take the mp3 player outside and hook it up to just the two 16 channel units and both of them worked just fine so I changed out the cord running from the 16 channels on the house to the 32 channel christmas tree and then plugged the unit back in and I got the same thing the house working and one of the 16 channel units connected but the other unit stays blinking. I also tested the cord going inbetween the two 16 channel units and it is good. I then checked the sequence on file and it shows that I have a unit 01, 02 and a 03 labeled in the sequence. It shows unit 01 channel 1-16, unit 02 channel 1-16 and unit 03 channel 1-16.

I have two data cable splicers connecting the house unit to the tree units. Should I not have data cable connectors?

What else could I check?

Thanks for your help

Scott

Scott,

You took the MP3 outside and connected to "two units" and they worked. Was one of those two units the unit that is not working when you have everything connected?

Dan

Thank for all the help on fixing my problem. I did check all the unit id's and they were all right. I changed the data cable and still had no luck. I then tried connecting the units together without the data cable connectors and that is when it started to work. One of the two data connectors was not good. The show is up and running thanks to all of you

Thanks a million

Scott