Light-O-Rama Forums

Show disabling itself

msteiner57

Question here hoping to find an easy answer. I had three different shows between Thanksgiving and Christmas, one on Tuesdays, one on Thursdays and one for the other days of the week. I only had one instance of my show not starting on it's own during that time period.

Between Christmas and New Years I had a completely different show. For the 6 days of this show, my schedule disabled itself 5 of the 6 days. I had to physically enable the schedule. Anyone else have this problem or have an answer for this.

I was leaning towards power surges with my heater (heat pump) coming on but once I enabled the schedule, it worked fine until the show was over.

Have you run the Verifier tool for your entire schedule? I recently discovered it and it helped me solve lots of little problems I had.

I have done everything that I know, without doing too much in disturbing the show. The only different thing that I did was upgrade to the 3.12 software on my sequencing computer then transferred the sequences to the show computer that did not have the upgrade. I didnt want to upgrade that computer until after the season as long as everything was working ok. The Christmas sequences were done before the upgrade and the after sequences were made with the upgrade. I wouldnt think the sequences would have anything to do with the schedule disabling itself though.

My first thought is that if your sequences were saved with the newer version of software, you might indeed have an issue with the older software running them. I've got no way of knowing the fact or not and maybe LOR will step in and clarify. I think its prudent though to always insure everything is running on the same version and never mixing them. As suggested, the verifier tool might indeed tell you what's going on here. Now one other thing comes to mind, on your sequencing computer, the sequences might have been saved/created/updated using a different port number than what your show computer is using....that would certainly cause you to have problems. Open one of the sequences that would not run. Look in the Edit pulldown, Preferences, Network Preferences, LOR tab, and see what port is setup. See if that matches the port you are using on the show computer. When you are saving sequences, you are probably creating compressed sequences by default. The show computer's show player, will use those. I don't know if the port number is embedded in each sequence or not but its a question you need to look at.

Now that the holidays are over I can upgrade the show computer. As for any sequences not playing, that wasnt the issue. What was happening was, when the show ended for the evening it was disabling itself. I would have to go back into the LOR control panel and enable the show again. Once it was enabled, all was ok until the end of the next show. Within the week between Christmas and New years there were only 2 days that it did not happen.

I used the schedule editor if that is what you mean by the show scheduler, just as I did for the Christmas show this year, and just the same for the last 7 years. I have till Halloween to figure it out. I can upgrade the show computer and do a few test runs and see what happens. It just hasnt happend to me before.

Thanks for the input and helpful thoughts 

There's the option in the control panel to load at startup too. If you've been running all these years, I doubt I have any clues to offer you though.

Seems to me that you can monitor what the control panel is doing. Seems to me that the show would be disabled when it is not scheduled to run. Then able-ed only when it is scheduled to run.

I would surely think that the problem is based on using a sequence that is saved with a newer version of software. And then trying to run it on a older version of software. One way to prove this to be true or false is update the show computers software and then see if the show does or does not disable after the schedule is over.