Light-O-Rama Forums

Option to skip export of macro channels

Manti

Brian,

Is it possible to add an option in Superstar such that when exporting a LMS file, that it allows us to skip exporting the macro channels for CCR/CCB/CCPs?  I would guess very few if any use the macro channels anymore. Of all the non-LOR sequencing tools out there now for RGB, none export with the macro channels present.   Using a mix of Superstar and those other tools means imports into a LOR file will either have to have macro channels added or deleted to do a smooth copy and paste import.  Its possible to copy the first 150 channels of each ribbon/string and leave out the macro channels, but with lots of strings it gets painful.  Currently I've deleted all my macro channels and when I go to import a Superstar created file, I go in and delete the macro channels for all 15 of my strings.

Mike A.

In the next S3 release the visualizer will have a DMX pixel fixture that will make it easy to create DMX pixels. Then you can import the visualization into superstar and when you export there will be no macro channels.

In the current release you can use the DMX keyword in props, and when you export the sequence there will be no macro channels. For details on the DMX keyword, there is a topic pinned near the top of the superstar forum that describes how to use the DMX keyword.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/33483-superstar-dmx-keyword-for-use-in-visualizations/

In the next S3 release the visualizer will have a DMX pixel fixture that will make it easy to create DMX pixels. Then you can import the visualization into superstar and when you export there will be no macro channels.

In the current release you can use the DMX keyword in props, and when you export the sequence there will be no macro channels. For details on the DMX keyword, there is a topic pinned near the top of the superstar forum that describes how to use the DMX keyword.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/33483-superstar-dmx-keyword-for-use-in-visualizations/

The new release is like the unicorn of the LOR word right now, everyone is looking and no luck in seeing one yet lol

• Like 1