Light-O-Rama Forums

Ccb/ccp question

aesl1982

So I'm adding 10 of the lor ccp's. One will be for my arches so that's 300 channels and 8 for my pixel tree that's 2400 channels. And one extra. Question is howamy universes can be ran on a network. I know the g3-mp3 can run two networks. I was tbibking one for regular leds. And one network for the ccp's. But for 2700 channels and one universe is 512 I'll need 5-6 universes. Is 5-6 universes too much for for one network. Last question is I assume I just come out of the director with cat 5 and then daisy chain the ccp's controllers as normal controllers is this correct?

If I am understanding you correctly, CCPs don't use universes. LOR does its own thing so you will be using no universes. I have 6 CCPs and one a/c controller on one LOR network. is this what you were asking or did I get that all wrong?

~Matt

Universes is a DMX term.  You would be limited to 512 channels per universe if using DMX.  Use "normal" LOR networking and all could be on the same network.  Now, I don't use any of the directors and am not well versed in them, but at least one of them will handle 2 networks and I believe one of those can be the new 500K speed.  Assuming that is the case, your 10 CCP sets can be run on the 500K network.

Yes, the CCP controllers are simply daisy chained like any other LOR controller.

Well y'all just made my mind really at ease lol. Ive been looking at the holiday Coro stuff and watching videos its all about universes and this new rate foreign lsngjage I known its about half the price. But I don't the mind the price increase to use the lor stuff and just run it daisy Chained treat like other lights. So I guess I just assign controller numbers and keep on trucking then

I'm using CCPs in my arches (50 pixels in each 10 foot arch) and they look awesome.  I drilled into the back side of PEX pipe and inserted the CCPs so the CCP is lighting up the inside of the PEX.  This would not work well with CCBs. 

For my pixel tree, I am using Ray Wu pixels. 

If you're thinking of putting all those CCPs on a single network you're going to be seeing a LOT of lag, even at 500K.  My advice would be to plan on two networks.  If you're going to try it all on one network, be sure you have everything setup with plenty of time left over so you can order and receive the second network adaptor from LOR and get it installed by the time you want to light things for next season.

Edited by George Simmons

If you're thinking of putting all those CCPs on a single network you're going to be seeing a LOT of lag, even at 500K.  My advice would be to plan on two networks.  If you're going to try it all on one network, be sure you have everything setup with plenty of time left over so you can order and receive the second network adaptor from LOR and get it installed by the time you want to light things for next season.
thanks George I was wondering about the lag. Heard a lot about it. Didn't know what pixel count was considered large. I can run three networks I suppose the regular leds on one and then split the pixels up across two networks 450 pixels each network. I'd have to get rid of the director and add a high speed rs-485 adapter correct? That has the ability for two networks off it doesn't it?

I believe the High speed RS-485 has 2 cat 5 plugs but is only one network. I have 2 and each runs off it's own comm port. each port supports 1 network. If it can be split into 2 networks I have not figured that out yet. 

Jim I guess my words were a little misleading. I meant I have 2 RS485. Each one has it's own port address (comm 4 and comm 3 on my computer) and only 1 network per comm port.  what Jim said.  :)  :D