Light-O-Rama Forums

Drone cam videos. Mitchell's Magic Christmas

Brian Mitchell

what camera is being used to shoot these?  I just returned my Phantom 2 Vision+ because the camera is very noisy with night shots.  I would love to know if this is a Go Pro

I would like to know more about the drone as well.  I had envisioned using the drone to get lights over the top of tall trees that are to high for a pole. 

I'd like to know more about the drone as well, plasma, so DJIs phantom 2 vision plus isn't that good? I've been researching and it was on the short list along with the inspire although the inspire is a lot more cash that could be used for controllers ;)

BTW, Brian, love the video and I definitely want to use frosty the bluesman next year! Great job!

The drone itself is pretty good.. the camera is great in the day light.  DJI has admitted that the night time shooting is not good because of the camera itself, not a software issue.  They are supposedly working on a better camera... but may be late in the year if at all this year.  My nephew who is a pro has done some night shots with his P2V+ and they turned out pretty good.  Some artifacts but not bad.  He also has the ability to do some heavy duty editing..

I returned mine yesterday and now I wait for the next version..

I returned mine yesterday and now I wait for the next version..

So is that the inspire your holding out for then? If so, when it comes out let me know if the 4k camera is any better as I want one that can work well at night too.

Rich Arsenault could answer that for you.   It was his drone.

So can you not ask Rich yourself and provide the answer for us and post it here?

I mean since you had him do your display and all.

No need each viewer of this thread ask Rich and bug him, right?

Thank you.

Tom

• The topic was locked