Light-O-Rama Forums

Is it the bug?

LOR Girl

My LOR 2.0 has been running fine since Black Friday. Just last week, I added more several music sequences and a background sequence for my sign and an animation. One night, my kids told me that my lights were dark and nothing happened. At first, we thought the electric circuit were short, we checked and everything was fine. So I disabled and enabled the show again, the show came up. This time I stayed in computer office and listened to see which song had glitch. The show played about 13 songs (around 35 minutes) and stopped again, dark and nothing happened. I thought that the song, created a new show without that song and started again. Still no luck, the show stopped after play 12-13 songs. Thought that song also, repeated the same routine, delete all old schedule and created new one, but still no luck. Next day, download the new version 2.08, still same problem. So I thought may be there was a channel confliction in my music sequences and background sequence. Checked and nothing wrong. I even cleaned out all unused channels in sequence and hope make it better. Still no luck. I thought, now it caught me. I was just about to go down to the last step to wipe out my registry and reinstall the software. But before I go to that step, I wanted to try one more last thing. I created a new show without background sequence and added back all my 23 music sequences. The show play 30 minutes amd my fingers kept crossing and hoped. 40 minutes passed, 50 minutes passed, 60 min passed, and final all 23 songs played through. A hah, what was a relief. Found the cause. So I just wonder is there anyone got the same experience like I did (I know some of us got the the blackout problem) or is it just me?

NgocHong

Dan,

I have to take it back, yesterday I play the show without the background sequence and it happened again. I change to the other less power machine I used to play last several years with version 1.6.1, wiped out the registry and reinstalled software again. This machine is worse. Play only one song then stop. however I still attach the background sequence for you.

NgocHong

Attached files background.las

Dan,

I would like to give more info, and hope to help analyze the problem. Last year I used my old system Pentium III, 750 mgHz, 768 mb SDRAM pc100 memory, 62 channels in music sequence, 20-25 songs, all regular lights, LOR 1.6.1 and ran perfectly. This year I switched to more power system Pentium V, 2.8 gHz, 1.5 gb DDR2 memory, 64 channels in music sequence and 2 channels in background, 25 songs, 1/3 LED light and 2/3 regular light, LOR Gamma. My new system can run about 14-17 songs then stop. My old system with LOR gamma run only 1 song then stop. I compare the file size between 1.6.1 format and 2.0.8 format, I saw one huge different , for ex: the Wizzard of Winter LOR 1.6.1 sequence is 750 KB while the new version is 2530 KB. I thought yes I added more 2 channels and modified a little for the layout, the rest was still pretty much the same. So why the new format is so much bigger than the old format like more than 3 times the size? And I wonder while the Show player load the sequences, the new system could handle 14-17 songs, while my old one only handle 1 song because of this?

NgocHong

I think I got it there was a song that was not playing in the show, so I look at the sequence and tried to play it on the editor, it didn't play, it played on LOR1 but not 2 so since that song wasn't working I then tyred to change the audio file to wav... and it worked. Today the show went on without any problem, started at 6pm and ended at 10pm. I also had to re-save all the sequences in LOR2 in order for all of them to work. :}:}

go here to changes the audio file to wav. http://www.Zamzar.com

Jorge

This sounds like it might be one of the problems that was fixed in the latest release (version 2.0.12).

If you had a musical sequence in a show, and that sequence's media file didn't exist (or couldn't be opened for whatever reason), then when the show got to that sequence, the entire show (not just that sequence) would pause indefinitely.

If you're having a problem like this, please try the latest release. Also, double check your musical sequences with the Sequence Editor (on the PC that you're using to run your show) to make sure that LOR finds their media files.

Sorry for the problem.

Oh, and the increased sequence file size is normal, and doesn't indicate a problem. The reason it increased is because LOR II saves sequence files in XML format, which is pretty verbose.