Light-O-Rama Forums

Permanent display ?

Bugsbun

I was just wondering if it is possible assuming i use ip67 certified strips and ensure that all controllers are in waterproof too, can i keep my rgb strips mounted permanently in winter conditions? ( i live in canada where we do get our fair share of snow).

I am mainly looking for something i can set up and not have to take down because it is discreet, (small strip). What kind of problem can i encounter if i do this?

Thanks

I have my RGB 5050 dumb strips permanently mounted under eve and my CMB24D and power supply in the attic...   Only time will tell how long they last??  The one's i bought were IP66...  they are protected by the eve from the elements , just not sure if the sun will get to them??  100% silicone is not suppose to yellow but who knows what silicone was used in china when they were made..

I just bought indoor ws2811B smart strips for my front room and they sent IP67 strips that are completely encased in silicone, they are much nicer than my dumb strips but also more expensive...

If I were to do it again I would get all IP67 smart strips with a good controller...

I have a fairly extensive year-round landscape lighting display.  I have not had any real problems.

Well, i ordered my first strip, i guess i'll play with it and see what kind of setup i can do... My main consideration are all those wires and how to disguise them while keeping the look of the property decent. I find too many cables everywhere can look tacky during the day, especially if it's there year round....