Light-O-Rama Forums

Lighted spheres/balls for trees

NJJohn

I hate asking this but I could use a little help finding a previous post. Sometime this past year, someone talked about making lighted spheres/globes for their trees using 6” pvc pipe and he also posted a video of it. It looked spectacular and I could have sworn I copied down the link to that post but I can’t seem to locate it. I have searched every possible combination of words to try and locate it in the LOR Forums and have had no luck. Any chance anyone knows who it was or where it was posted. I realize I didn’t give you much to go on but this LOR community continues to amaze me with being able to find obscure posts.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all.

Regards

John

You, my friend, found exactly what I was looking for. This community never ceases to amaze me with how quickly you get a response to a question. Thank you very much for that bit of information.

• Like 1

For my megatree baubles, I use a pair of back to back dumb RGB modules inside a 1 litre milk bottle (or fruit jar) to diffuse the light. These are light weight, cheap and can be any colour for the show.

They work like a charm. 

post-60-0-99697800-1419890776_thumb.jpg

Hospitals throw out 100 green bean cans a day the same size. They normally are happy to give to you for a repurposed use.

Hint - wash before using.