Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR1602W vs 1600

lilouisianagal

1602 is a 30 amp controller. 15 amps on either side of the controller. This means you have 15 amps available on channels 1-8 and another 15 available on 9-16.

1600 is a 15 amp controller. You still have 16 channels, but it can only carry a maximum of 15 amps.

I had some 1602s for a while but later swapped them out for 1600s. Gradually shifting to LEDs I didn't need the additional amps provided on the 1602 and moving to the 1600 made one less power cord to find a home.

But everyone's situation will vary.

Wait, your 1600's only have 1 plug? I thought I had a 1600 and a 1602, but they're output/inputs are the same (2 in, 16 out). One has an LED screen that shows the assigned number, the other doesn't have a screen. Maybe just different generations??

Wait, your 1600's only have 1 plug? I thought I had a 1600 and a 1602, but they're output/inputs are the same (2 in, 16 out). One has an LED screen that shows the assigned number, the other doesn't have a screen. Maybe just different generations??

If both have two male, then you have two generations of controllers. 

The 1602 with the rotary dials showing on the board would be the older series of controllers.

The 1602 with the LED read out would be the newer G3 controllers.

All 1600 series controllers will have one male plug.

All 1602 series controllers will have two male plugs.