Light-O-Rama Forums

Snowball Fight - Mitchell's Magic Christmas

Brian Mitchell

And your backyard display is as good as many other people's front display ! I'm impressed.

Brian, It looks great as usual. I look at your display every year. I'm very thankful to you for helping me three years ago. You shared a sequence with me showing me how to break parts of the sequence into different timings. I use it all the time now.

I have one question what's holding you back from RGB?

John (oldandslow)

I'll let the younger more energetic guys keep pushing the technology envelope.  I've found my sweet spot with a still manageable display and I don't want the expense of adding RGB and replacing all the LED's I've bought.  Maybe when they wear out....

• Like 1

I'll let the younger more energetic guys keep pushing the technology envelope.  I've found my sweet spot with a still manageable display and I don't want the expense of adding RGB and replacing all the LED's I've bought.  Maybe when they wear out....

Perfect answer! :)

Brian  Great job on the display,  really enjoy the snow ball fights.  How many channels did you end up using for each toss to make it look that nice? What type of spacing between balls?  I heard you say you used one controller but did you double up and have multiple tosses wired together and just reversed the wiring to have them go two different direction to save channels?

Brian, Thank you for your acceptance, For what it's worth, when I borrow ideas from others, I pay it forward when asked about the item.

BTW, the "when they burn out..." way to funny, great sense of humor you have...

Greg

The nice part is it seems like the longer you wait the more reasonable the pricing is becoming on rgb, it's pretty close on price to buy a pixel controller and pixels as to buy 4 sets of commercial LED's and the controllers to control them.

Brian  Great job on the display,  really enjoy the snow ball fights.  How many channels did you end up using for each toss to make it look that nice? What type of spacing between balls?  I heard you say you used one controller but did you double up and have multiple tosses wired together and just reversed the wiring to have them go two different direction to save channels?

I ran three stringers across the backyard.  I have 5, 5, and 6 spaced across in an arc.  I guess they are about 4 feet apart.   I just wrote a simple three minute animation sequence to run it.   It took like three tries before I got it to look right.

• The topic was locked