Light-O-Rama Forums

Walmart Lights LED

op911

So I took advantage of the BIG after Christmas sale at Walmart today and bought several Reels of 100 Super Bright Cool White C9 LED's made by Holiday Time. The question is I think i was reading a post on here about the round deal after the plug (sorry I cant remember the tech name for it), but seems to me like I read that those aren't dimmable, fadable. Anyone running these? 

Mike

I sure hope there aren't any limitations to them because I took advantage of the sales today too.  I added 12,000 LEDs between Target (Phillips) and Walmart (Holiday time)

It's very likely that someone here has used those lights and knows and will chime in.

But there's basically two ways you'll know if the lights aren't dimmable. 

First way is they'll fairly quickly get very dim or go completely dark - maybe in just a couple of days of use.

The second way is if they release any magic smoke or if they ignite.

Edited by George Simmons

This year I used a large amount of walmart brand leds. While approx. 95% of them I had no problems with, I did have several strands that would fade up/down at different rates than the strands next to them. Had several strands that started out dimmer and as the show went out would simply not come on at all. To me it wasn't a big deal, simply because I knew I was getting what I paid for. Cheap payment, cheap lights. Now the lights I got from CDI I've been using for a couple of years and have had no issues what so ever.

This year I used a large amount of walmart brand leds. While approx. 95% of them I had no problems with, I did have several strands that would fade up/down at different rates than the strands next to them. Had several strands that started out dimmer and as the show went out would simply not come on at all. To me it wasn't a big deal, simply because I knew I was getting what I paid for. Cheap payment, cheap lights. Now the lights I got from CDI I've been using for a couple of years and have had no issues what so ever.

Agreed...for the most part they work great epically for the price.

Half my display is Walmart lights from last year. No issues for me. Of course I don't have anything to compare them too except for the Home Depot and big lots lights that are out there. I stocked up on another 4000 yesterday.

I've got Wal-Mart LEDs too and had no issues with them.  Only lost one strand this year.  I am extremely, thoroughly disappointed though...last year I lived in rural PA and my local Wal-Mart, Ollies, etc...had large supplies of holiday lights left over after Christmas.  Now I live 50 miles outside of Atlanta and the shelves were picked clean.  The only things left by lunch yesterday were C9 multi LED, of which I already have a bunch.  I was looking for LED mini in white, green, red....and can't find squat.

I also have several thousand Wal Mart LED's that i have bought the day after Christmas and I have never had issues with them not dimming, twinkling or shimmering. They work great and I have noever had any issues with them. Buying the day after christmas is definitly the way to go. Although I can NEVER find GREEN Led lights anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions that arent going to break the bank.

I hit the walmarts yesterday, i didnt get a ton of what i wanted....but geeze they all (6 of them) had enough warm white leds to redo my entire display!

Im tempted to get some when they hit 75% off.

So I took advantage of the BIG after Christmas sale at Walmart today and bought several Reels of 100 Super Bright Cool White C9 LED's made by Holiday Time. The question is I think i was reading a post on here about the round deal after the plug (sorry I cant remember the tech name for it), but seems to me like I read that those aren't dimmable, fadable. Anyone running these? 

Mike

I bought all new leds from walmart no problems at all

Here's a photo of my cart from Walmart, after that I went to Target and then a 2nd Walmart.

EA609F6D-F17B-4143-B65D-C63C298B32D0_zps

Here is the unpacked total from Friday.

4D03B992-808F-456B-B799-96E9A9E6AA26_zps

My targets, walmarts, Home Depot, lowes, Fred Meyers, big lots, wall greens, frys....all inventory gone. I went looking 2 weeks before Christmas and the shelves were almost empty with everything 30% off. Picked some stuff up then so I did save some cash.

Halloween the same thing. Never any lights left and never anything more than 30% off.

Need to take a vacation to these places that have tons of lights after Christmas to save some cash.

I bought all of my "after Christmas" lights on-line this year and had great success. This may be an option next year.

Saturday I bought 7 boxes of cool white x 50 LEDs from my local Home Depot (all they had) for 50% off.  Then went across the street to the Walmart.  Got about 1,000 Red, White and Blue LEDs in various lengths also for 50% off.  Kinda broke this week, so I had to limit myself to that.  Most of those will get used for a lighted flag light box and rebuilt tune to signs.

The rest of planned upgrades will be RGB pixels from Ray Wu after I get either some good overtime, or my tax refund.

My targets, walmarts, Home Depot, lowes, Fred Meyers, big lots, wall greens, frys....all inventory gone. I went looking 2 weeks before Christmas and the shelves were almost empty with everything 30% off. Picked some stuff up then so I did save some cash.

Halloween the same thing. Never any lights left and never anything more than 30% off.

Need to take a vacation to these places that have tons of lights after Christmas to save some cash.

Sax, (in a sing song voice) I know where they're aaaaAAAAaaat. 

Seriously, if you want some, maybe we can team up and give the store an offer they can't refuse.  Like one offer for the lot.  Might be able to snag it.  They're at 50% off now.  Was gonna clean up when they hit 75%  BUT we might be able to get that now.  You're not far from me, but I know you missed this store, I was there yesterday.  Still pallets.