Light-O-Rama Forums

Need advice, projector 3d mapping is my new adventure.

Bcspy

I was told LED lumens is not as bright as regular lamps. That would be nice if it is bright enough.

Shouldn't a lumen be the same, whatever the light source?

You can calculate using this formula: WxL=D. 

W= wide of surface, D=distance from projector to surface, L=lens that you need to use to cover the wide and the distance.

Don't buy a projector before you know your Wide and Distance, but it depends of what kind of lens you need. so if you buy any projector with any lens you will work more to mapping your house.

I work in a company who does concerts, shows and events and we do mapping projection at high levels, you best bet if you are able to do it, it's using 3D software and video software, make your house as a 3D model, then convert it into a video then make layers, mask, etc into the video software then you will have your mapping video, for layers mask and other kind of effects, the best bet is Adobe After Effects.

If you want to sync your mapping video with LOR someone already answered to you about how to do it, but if you want to not sync the mapping video to LOR and just play the video you can play it from another pc or from a tablet or from the LOR pc using video card that can support more than one video output.

• Like 1