Light-O-Rama Forums

C-9 or C-7 Incandescent

op911

I see several folks having C-9 or C-7 incandescent bulbs, but they say maximum of 2 linkable strands connected in a run. What the question is i'm going to run a 16 channel 3 of which are used for roof outline of white, red and green. All other channels are spoke for. Do I just go with LED or ignore the package and connect 10 strands of incandescent bulbs together. What does everyone else do as far as that goes? So all in all each channel for roof line will have approx 10 strands per channel. = 30 strands. 

You can't connect that many incandescents.

You will blow fuses in the light strands - or worse.

Go LED.

Edited by Mega Arch

Along with what Daniel said plus if it's a lor controller you'll overload the channels with that many incandescent strings on the channel.

Yes it is a LOR controller. Thanks for the replies I will go with LED. Going shopping at 5 am to hit the christmas specials.

You won't be happy with the store bought c9 leds strands their not very bright you better off to buy c9 led bulbs and make your own stings

Op911,

I suppose your screen name has something to do with your job. If that is true, I am very surprised that you would suggest disregarding the warning that a package gives to you, to not connect more than 3 strings. If you should decide that you know more than the manufacturer, you just might be calling one of your fellow employees to report a fire.

Max-Paul your assumption is correct your such a great assumer. I would never disregard a warning label I was merely asking a question as to which what other folks did. If you was to jump off a bridge I know better than to follow...

If you're planning on using C9 or C7 LEDs, you should be in luck.  My experience is those are always the last things remaining after everyone else has picked through the clearance sales at Wal-Mart/Target.  You can pick them up for a song.

There is a way to sing your song of C-9's on your roofline, if that's still how you want to go.

Buy lots of extension cords or SPT cord. Enough to be able to reach every 4th strand, just making sure you stay under your controller's capabilities.

Now as I originally posted, go LED. The energy savings will pay for the difference in pricing in about one season. Additionally, LED lights bounce off cement better than incandescent lamps do....

EDIT -

just saw on your other post you bought LED strings.

Way to go!

Edited by Mega Arch

You could buy retro fit C7 or C9 Led bulbs for your exciting 25 count strings. If your just using them to outline the house that is o k but if you put them on the roof & it snows where you live then you may not see them if it snows to much. If you are planning to dim them then make sure you buy dimable Led bulbs. I didn't because I leave the house lights on & I only animate the yard.