Light-O-Rama Forums

Our first year...final song of show

Oliver Blatt

This is our first year. 32 channels, and it's been great fun! Here's a video of the final song in our show. Thanks to everyone on the forums for the wealth of knowledge! Enjoy the video and merry Christmas!

A lot of folks on here groan every time they see or hear Wizards, but I'm not among them.  It's always one of the most popular ( and played at the highest volume ) songs in my display.  Nice job & welcome to the hobby.

Thanks. I know it's over played and over used, but sometimes you just have to use it! But, one of my friends saw the show last week and recognized EVERY song in the show except Wizards! Go figure.

• 4 weeks later...

Wizards in Winter is a good choice - it's an easy way to show off your talent. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see this show expand. Also - your arches: are those like 2 channel mini arches?

The mini arches are a hold-over from our static displays. Two arches on one channel, ten arches make up five channels. Two arches each are mounted on a 4' strip of 2x3, made of foam water pipe insulation and wrapped with a string of lights. They will be retired (or relegated to lining the driveway) next yeat since they are really starting to show their age and I finally purchased enough new lights to do proper arches.

The mini arches are a hold-over from our static displays. Two arches on one channel, ten arches make up five channels. Two arches each are mounted on a 4' strip of 2x3, made of foam water pipe insulation and wrapped with a string of lights. They will be retired (or relegated to lining the driveway) next yeat since they are really starting to show their age and I finally purchased enough new lights to do proper arches.

I really like the mini arches. I don't have enough channels to do regular arches but these seem really cool. Thanks for the info - I might delve into this next year!

Thanks! It was a way to use existing props and get a pretty good effect without using up loads of channels. Not only did they look cool, but they also worked as a great fence to keep people entering the house out of the show zone!

• The topic was locked