Light-O-Rama Forums

simple diy sign

alchrisr01

I needed a quick cheap sign to help with traffic and parking. It is 2 sided and lit with led lights. I thought I would post a quick how-to. I used coroplast sign kits from Home Depot. First print your letters on sticker paper. I used 250 size font. Cut out the letters and arrange them as needed. I took a pencil and outlined the letters to make it easier to stick them down. Next take spray paint an spray the board. While it is drying, make a frame from 1 x 2 lumber. After the board dries, peal the letters off leaving the white underneath. A hairdryer helps with peeling them off. Take one sign and staple it to one side of the frame. Arrange the lights inside. Make sure to cut a notch for the cord. I used white electrical tape a some staples to hold them in place. Staple the remaing side on and your done! I have also made a single side sign by just painting the back panel black. I will attach pics later.

Edited by alchrisr01

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1pr9nb0lh2uogbp/AABVRXxgucRIhocOWQQ_W9nWa?n=370578229

these pics are not in order, but give you the general idea.  For some reason I could not get this to work in IE, had to do it on Firefox.

It occurred to me that you may be thinking "why 2 sided?".  I determined the best point in the street to start having opposing traffic and get the most cars in as possible.  We can send 3-4 cars down to the cul-de-sac and bring them up the wrong side of the street and park them to watch.  This leaves the other side open for neighbors and exiting traffic.

Edited by alchrisr01