Light-O-Rama Forums

Nativity Scene in Shut Down

Jeff Messer

I have tried everything I know so I will reach out to the forum. In the shut down I have a voice over telling everyone the show is over for around 2 minutes. The only lights on are the Nativity Scene. I have review the sequence and lights off at end is checked. I have made sure the check mark is checked in the shut down tab to. The Nativity is fully RGB pixels to a J1sys card that works perfect all night long. I am running 3.11.2 and everything else is running flawless. Maybe there is a Reason It Should Stay On. 

Any thoughts why it would be staying on?

Do the Nativity Scene light stay on for that completed sequence?  If they do I would try shutting them off prior to the sequence ending.  I had some trouble with my pixel tree and candy canes staying on when the computer stopped sending a signal while the lights were on with my 682 and 6804.

So it sounds like you are trying to shut it off? If so, in the shutdown sequence you are running, make sure those pixel tree channels are in the list and insure that are off at the end. I have two shutdown sequences in mine now. One will tell the tree to say "Good Night" to those watching, then command the lights on the house to slowly fade on/off. That sequence runs for 5 minutes then the final cleanup sequence runs which simply is all channels blank for 5 seconds, which commands everything off.

Yes I have them staying on all the way to the end. The sequence is checked to end the lights and the shut down is also checked to kill the lights at the end of each sequence. I will back it up a few second in the sequence and see if it shuts down tonight..

Thanks for the help and maybe I will run a blank clean up sequence right after that and see if that helps to.

Jeff   DMX only sends signals to change a state.  if you remove signal when  a status is "on".  the lights will stay on until they get a conflicting status signal or power is removed.  Presumably the all lights off check sends off status to the lights.  Since this does not appear to be changing the nativity scene.  Send a short program with OFF all lights (could be very short) as the end of you shutdown sequence.  see if this solves the problem.

In my case, there's never a time when I want lights on following or between sequences, so I've made it a practice to put an OFF command in all channels at the end of every sequence.

• Like 1

yep you need to fade those lights down to off,and run a few seconds at the end to ensure they stay off.

I did have them on fully till the end of the shut down sequence. Everything was checked to shut down at the end but they did stay on. Fastest thing was to run a second shut down with the voice over and no lights. This cured the problem but will remember to leave a little space for dimming them to off before the end next year. Thanks for all the help here.

Going to be a bigger and brighter year next year!!!!